• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Z3N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 FK8 CTR
If we are in +R here and the valves are fully open....:confused:

Z3N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 FK8 CTR
Can't wait to see how all the small tweaks come together! I'm curious about the lighter flywheel and turbo to see how the torque band has changed over the fk8; should come in even sooner

MrB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda S2000, Nissan Skyline R33 GTR
A few years ago I'd have said that sounds rubbish, but now I think I can appreciate the "quiet performance" approach, especially given the number of anti-social VAG cars around with crackle maps and decats.

tuhroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK8, 13 ISF, 95 K20 EG8, 98 ITR, 95 EG8, 23 FL5
It will sound great with a Spoon exhaust.
yup, spoon n1's always make a honda engine sound incredible, even single cams lol

what is the performance spec on that one?
spoon exhausts are usually a bit bigger than stock, for this like the fk8 it should be a 2.75"

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
yup, spoon n1's always make a honda engine sound incredible, even single cams lol

spoon exhausts are usually a bit bigger than stock, for this like the fk8 it should be a 3"
Got, was thinking hp/tq gains. I think the one and only mod id do is potentially a catback but would love to get 10-20 hp out of it in addition to the added growl.

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
Got, was thinking hp/tq gains. I think the one and only mod id do is potentially a catback but would love to get 10-20 hp out of it in addition to the added growl.
I don't think ANY catback will add that kinda power, if anything you will lose low end pep due to less restriction and some more peak power. But historically catbacks add virtually nothing. That would be reserved for Front + Downpipes.

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
Yeah not a fan of the “burble tune” everyone has now, even if it can prevent turbo lag.

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
Yeah not a fan of the “burble tune” everyone has now, even if it can prevent turbo lag.
Nah, the burble tune stuff is all fuel runoff on lift off the throttle (doesn't do anything for turbo spool). I think youre thinking of 2 step/anti-lag system which is just an RPM limiter on acceleration in gear, 2 different things.
Sponsored

Reactions: Z3N