Those look exactly like the fake exhaust tips like the Accord 1.5T Sport has. (They are trying to reuse parts so....)The Civic hatch in japan has exposed dual exhaust outlets...the Civic Hatchback in the US that was spied a few weeks ago does not. I wonder if the Civic hatch will get the base 2.0 in the US this go round.
The rear with the dual exposed exhaust looks so much better IMO. Honda PLEASE PLEASE build a Civic SI hatchback...or at least another Sport Touring 6MT. I'd gladly buy one.
Couple things of note on these
1. Yes, we’ve seen hatches both with and without exhaust. Also some with single and dual outlets. So most likely getting the 2.0 on base models like the sedan.
2. Sadly yes these are probably the same fake outlets the accord has, not true outlets, just chromed holes in the rear bumper that the real outlets sit behind, but that’s the route many automakers are going these days.
3. looking closely at the sides of the car (and back at the patent images) the hatch (at least on certain trims) appears to get a version of the black side skirt extenders seen on the prototype. These may also flow over to the sedan on Si and sport trim. A little added visual flair.
4. the taillights thankfully look much slimmer in design compared to the sedans, at least from a glance.
5. personal taste, that back end, while growing on me with its coupe-like slope and silhouette, still needs some kind of roof or wing spoiler to make it look finished and help elevate the back height visually. Fingers crossed for at least an optional add-on.
6. hopefully the next spy shots we see will be the interior. But with only a few weeks until the reveal in China, we may have to just be patient :/
I mean it better be GOLDEN cause it makes no sense that we keep seeing all these up close spy pics of the new Civic but nobody and I mean NOBODY has snapped a picture of the interior? All these staged pictures just to boost us up and keep us guessing. LOL. Shanghai autoshow is April 21st I think...if not for Covid we'd all be talking about the New York Autoshow right about now too. I hope we get some official stuff in the next two weeks. I'm not even in the market but I'm ready to buy one if they get it right.
Or wheels for the Sport and Touring/Sport Touring.I think some forgot about the video of the hatch being spotted in Ohio. It had the same exhaust outlets as the one we see here. Also has all the sensors front and rear for the vehicle. One thing to note is both of these models have the same rims as the Civic Prototype Sedan. Those rims could either be the SI rims or the Honda accessories rims.
LOL why not? The Sport sedan and hatchback have basically been an SI without the upgraded engine (sedan) or and features (sedan and hatchback) since it came out. The Hatchback Sport/Sport Touring had the exact same wheels as the SI sedan/coupe pre-mmc and the sedan Sport had the same wheels as well just with a different finish. Even now the hatchback Sport/Touring and Si sedan/coupe have the same wheels with just different finishes.Maybe but let’s see. I feel like these wheels just wouldn’t look good on the Sport model.