• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Village911

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 #839
Hey guys! Today, I took my fl5 to Honda Guys in Torrance, CA to get rigid collars installed for both the front and rear.

A total of 24 collars were installed, a fairly simple install that took about an hour.

I took it to the street and residential to check the difference for about an hour, and these were the effects of this kit:
  • Reduction of annoying vibration and shaking that occurs when the engine is started. And the overall driving experience has changed, not stiffer but feels more rigid and solid going over bumps and obstacles. It just feels tighter than before. I bet this smooth overall feel reduces fatigue on long drives.
  • A decrease in vibration so a reduction in cabin noise ;)
  • Better straight-running stability, docile rolling, and reduced corrective steering.
  • Improved straight-line stability, compliant roll characteristics, and reduced amount of steering corrections in comfort mode (steering setting).
I highly recommend this simple, yet underrated mod on your fl5. Kudos to リジカラ :)

11th Gen Honda Civic Spoon Rigid Collars installed on FL5 IMG-4384
11th Gen Honda Civic Spoon Rigid Collars installed on FL5 IMG-4396
11th Gen Honda Civic Spoon Rigid Collars installed on FL5 IMG-4388
11th Gen Honda Civic Spoon Rigid Collars installed on FL5 IMG-4391
11th Gen Honda Civic Spoon Rigid Collars installed on FL5 IMG-4398
Sponsored

Last edited:

jayson415PR

First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Supra 2023 type R 2022 genesis GV80
Hey guys! Today, I took my fl5 to Honda Guys in Torrance, CA to get rigid collars installed for both the front and rear.
A total of 24 collars were installed, a fairly simple install that took about an hour.

IMG-4384.jpg
IMG-4396.jpg
IMG-4388.jpg
IMG-4391.jpg
IMG-4398.jpg

I took it to the street and residential to check the difference for about an hour, and these were the effects of this kit:
  • Reduction of annoying vibration and shaking that occurs when the engine is started. And the overall driving experience has changed, not stiffer but feels more rigid and solid going over bumps and obstacles. It just feels tighter than before. I bet this smooth overall feel reduces fatigue on long drives.
  • Better straight-running stability, docile rolling, and reduced corrective steering.
  • Improved straight-line stability, compliant roll characteristics, and reduced amount of steering corrections in comfort mode (steering setting).
I highly recommend this simple, yet underrated mod on your fl5. Kudos to リジカラ :)

jayson415PR

First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Supra 2023 type R 2022 genesis GV80

IMG-4384.jpg
IMG-4396.jpg
IMG-4388.jpg
IMG-4391.jpg
IMG-4398.jpg

Nice, where did you bought them?

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 #1348 (Sold), FL5 #682

IMG-4384.jpg
IMG-4396.jpg
IMG-4388.jpg
IMG-4391.jpg
IMG-4398.jpg

Nice, where did you bought them?
yes, pleasse
can you please provide the part #
and was it the FL1's or FK8's you've installed?
Damn! I want it!

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR

LeoA86

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
How much did you have to pay to get this installed? Did they have to do an alignment?

chopsuey34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si

Is this something I could install myself in my garage? How involved was the install? Did your shop have to do things like detach the subframe or remove suspension?

OP
OP
Village911

Village911

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 #839
Is this something I could install myself in my garage? How involved was the install? Did your shop have to do things like detach the subframe or remove suspension?
To be safe, you would need a lift and a tranny jack.

if you have those, go ahead and do it by yourself! 😊

DagCTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
No alignment needed. Paid 2 hours of labor 👍
you should at least have them check your alignment

the cars subframe front and rear from factory won’t be perfectly straight due to these larger holes for screw clearance and to allow the robots more wiggle room when mating them together

these collars require the tech to loosen the subframe and when these are installed it aligns the chassis and subframes as they take out these tolerances. So when installing these in most cases your subframe actually shifted a little bit which would throw your alignment off

I’m not saying it always throws it off. Just saying the probability is high.

I had these on my fk8 and it shifted my subframe enough throwing my front alignment out of spec

OP
OP
Village911

Village911

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 #839
you should at least have them check your alignment

the cars subframe front and rear from factory won’t be perfectly straight due to these larger holes for screw clearance and to allow the robots more wiggle room when mating them together

these collars require the tech to loosen the subframe and when these are installed it aligns the chassis and subframes as they take out these tolerances. So when installing these in most cases your subframe actually shifted a little bit which would throw your alignment off

I’m not saying it always throws it off. Just saying the probability is high.

I had these on my fk8 and it shifted my subframe enough throwing my front alignment out of spec
I had no problem at the station so I didn't have to do any alignment work.

I guess it's case by case but you're right. Correct me and check the alignment after installation. Better to be safe!

DagCTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
I think these are one of the best if not the best bang for your buck modification we can do

your post install review is spot on! chassis is way more compliant over bumps and undulations that cause the car to go up and down
Sponsored