• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sport Touring questions from a potential buyer

Ihaveaquestion

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAV4 and Hyundai Santa Fe
Hello All,

So I'm in the market for a new vehicle. My current daily is doing just fine but it's a crossover and I want something a little better on gas with better driving dynamics. I've settled on the Sport Touring. My only issue is that I absolutely cannot find a dealer in my area (Seattle/Tacoma WA, US) with any in stock. What are my options? i've never purchased a new car so the process is a bit foreign to me. I've owned my current daily for almost 10 years and had a beater before that. What questions should I be asking? What's a fair price? Any red flags to look out for? Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

evped

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Civic EXL
Same boat. I've been looking for a ST for a few months. I refuse to pay over MSRP. That, and supply, are forcing me to be patient. Hoping for changes in the Fall.

maracuch0

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Hatchback ST
I visited about 5 dealers here in South Florida and only one of them charged me MSRP + taxes and fees. They also added some accessories about $499 for the "dent protection". I couldn't take it off but whatever I got a good deal on selling my car on CarMax and wasn't going to say no on charging me just that accessory charge compared to other dealers marking up 2k+. It is a time where you cannot really negotiate with the dealer to buy the car. It is either you want it or not. There is a long waiting list of people wanting to buy and willing to pay over MSRP which is crazy. I for one did not want to pay over MSRP for the civic.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra 6spd A-Spec
I also was looking at the ST HB but dealers wanted a premium for the 6spd manual. One dealer told me it would be $39,900 before TTL. Needless to say I reserved the Teggy. No dealer mark-up and it's loaded for less money.

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
You’ll need to start asking around. One dealer near me had one on the lot with added accessories marked up beyond belief ($700 mudflaps!) plus a $5k markup. Another will charge straight MSRP, but I’d already be looking at a September delivery (this was when I asked in May) as they’re all presold before they come off the truck.

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
I cant speak for the sport hatch but there is a touring sedan or two here in the twin cities thats msrp if interested.

The market is crazy right now and $5k does not surprise me but would never pay it. Maybe on the R if i had to.

wilbur_the_goose

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Coupe Touring, '14 BMW 328i Sport Line
I purchased mine in December. I kept searching for inventory on the internet and found a dealer 4.5 hours away that had 2. Gave them a call, put down a $500 deposit and made the drive from Philly to Pittsburgh. They charged MSRP and gave me a fair price for my old '16 Civic Coupe Touring.

My success was due to a lot of internet research, a lot of chat sessions, and tenacity. That said, I probably wouldn't want to do it again :)

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
I purchased mine in December. I kept searching for inventory on the internet and found a dealer 4.5 hours away that had 2. Gave them a call, put down a $500 deposit and made the drive from Philly to Pittsburgh. They charged MSRP and gave me a fair price for my old '16 Civic Coupe Touring.

My success was due to a lot of internet research, a lot of chat sessions, and tenacity. That said, I probably wouldn't want to do it again :)
Nice job! I’ve been through a ton of the same and closest i have to a bird in the hand is a build date of mid july…

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra 6spd A-Spec
I just picked up my Integra Aspec.. loving it. All my Honda dealers want 5 to 10k for a manual HB ST. Got the ingra for MSRP and free all weather mats. A deal in this market it seems

Cneumann320

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 civic sport touring 6 speed manual
Just picked up ours (6 speed manual also), just over the border to the north. Had to go to Calgary to get it, but we ordered it in April. We were told it was going to be September when it arrived, and poof! Miraculously they found one a month later.

So for starters, and its a lesson and experience I'm currently dealing with...
Any extras, pay cash for. Also look around to get work done elsewhere.
I went with Honda Canada's body protection program (ceramic coated, treated seats, undercoating, and cavity wax), and although not every dealer is going to do the absolute shit job ours did, it's not worth $3200 Canadian.
So I'm gonna be lighting them up HARD when I go back there next weekend on that.
Get your extras elsewhere at an actual shop that does it professionally. Do the research, find the good shops. Pay cash, so you don't pay the interest on the treatments as well!

The car is excellent. I love this car, and it's everything I was expecting and more. It's a great car, and we did pay MSRP price for it ($36k CAD).
DO NOT FORGET there is always extra taxes and stuff. So by the time we got the $3200 protection, tire and rim protection, extended warrantee (8 years or 200,000km), out the door it worked out to $42,000 CAD, which is about $32,854 US.

So just be aware of those extras.

Attachments

BKK Jack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Toyota Tacoma Offraod
Greetings,

Sort of newish here. I've been waffling between a new GTI or a Sport Touring with the manual for quite a while. I had a deposit on a GTI but reading all the problems that car is having caused me to pull my deposit and commit to the ST.

This will be my only car, so one thing I need it to be able to do is tow a small utility trailer. I've done the exact same thing on all my previous cars - Mazda 3, Honda Fit, and a Mk6 GTI. I currently drive a Toyota Tacoma, which is great for towing, but sucks for everything else.

eTrailer shows a hitch and wiring harness for the ST, but there is one more thing I need - air assist springs for the rear of the car. Even with light trailer loads and a bit of stuff in the hatch, the rear of the car is likely to sag more than I'd like. A few pumps into the air assist springs will level it right back up, making driving much better.

Obviously my question is, is anyone aware of any air assist springs available for this car? I'm probably going to have to wait until the 2023 models trickle in - hoping Honda expands the color choices for the manual in the US, too - so there is no rush, but any information anyone has will be appreciated.

BKK Jack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I once towed a trailer for about 100 miles in a Honda. Killed the clutch and really hurt the engine. Don't do it. Get a truck.
You must have been doing something wrong. I towed a trailer with a motorcycle on it with my 2010 Fit about 900 miles round trip and over the Appalachians multiple times. Then I taught my daughter how to drive a manual with it and gave it to her. She's still driving it. Same motor, same clutch.

Also, you must have missed the part where I said I currently have a Toyota Tacoma.

wilbur_the_goose

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Coupe Touring, '14 BMW 328i Sport Line
@BKK Jack - yep, I noticed you have a Tacoma, but was figuring you were selling it for the Honda.

The clutch didn't go out right away. I actually drove the Honda from NY to Oregon (without a trailer) with no problems. But the clutch did start to go out only after about 40K miles.

BKK Jack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am selling/trading the Tacoma for the Civic, and am not going to buy another truck just to have one sitting around for the 1 or 2 times a year I might need it. I really can't think of anything I'd need to tow with the truck that I can't tow with the Civic.
Sponsored