• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Steel Flywheel SPEC Propietary Clutch Kit Combos are Now Shipping!

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
They are here! The steel flywheels are ready to ship. Pricing is the same as the aluminum version. They weigh 24.8lbs, lighter than stock (32lbs) but heavy enough to avoid any extra drivetrain noise. We are recommending the 2+ package to most customers, as it will comfortably hold 380+ ft lbs at the wheels:

http://twostepperformance.com/spec-...eel-flywheel-combo-for-2016-honda-civic-1-5t/

Please note there is an error in the current site description that says to expect noise. That is not the case! We expect it to be as quiet as the stock flywheel.
Sponsored

IvanJonn

First Name
Ivan Jonn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
:doh: If only my car broke down closer to Black Friday... Oh well. Still excited to get my kit with the aluminum flywheel in! :thumbsup:

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4x4
How can we get in on the group buy pricing? asking for a friend :p I recently installed the cobra intake and ktuner with the PRL e85 plugin is on its way and my clutch is already starting to cry tears. By the way im super impressed on how much difference the ktuner and CAI made.

OP
OP
Two Step Performance

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
Does the group buy pricing apply?
How can we get in on the group buy pricing? asking for a friend :p I recently installed the cobra intake and ktuner with the PRL e85 plugin is on its way and my clutch is already starting to cry tears. By the way im super impressed on how much difference the ktuner and CAI made.
At this time there is no group buy or special pricing on this product line beyond the discounts already reflected on our website. However, all of our standard coupon codes to apply, including the one in my signature. :thumbsup:

repeet

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.repeet.net
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Si Sedan
I'm looking forward to seeing reviews of this installation. I'm hoping that the reduced weight frees up just enough hp to restore the performance that our Sis were originally designed to have. Before they were nerfed with the smaller turbo, and the dual mass flywheel.

Last edited:
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
got another ? please. im one of those proactive/what if people and looking at numbers on yalls TSP Stage 2 Tune w/ Flex Fuel - 270whp / 327tq with no other add ons that leaves like 53wtq to play with and that does kinda worry me. i dont see myself getting a turbo upgrade but downpipe/frontpipe and intercooler upgrade yes. so im wondering about the drivability on the stage 3 and the stage 3+. The wording on yall site (manageable and friendly engagement) for the 3+ makes me think its smoother then the 3 (aggressive but streetable engagement) HELP i need an adult lol

OP
OP
Two Step Performance

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
got another ? please. im one of those proactive/what if people and looking at numbers on yalls TSP Stage 2 Tune w/ Flex Fuel - 270whp / 327tq with no other add ons that leaves like 53wtq to play with and that does kinda worry me. i dont see myself getting a turbo upgrade but downpipe/frontpipe and intercooler upgrade yes. so im wondering about the drivability on the stage 3 and the stage 3+. The wording on yall site (manageable and friendly engagement) for the 3+ makes me think its smoother then the 3 (aggressive but streetable engagement) HELP i need an adult lol
I think the 2+ is fine for TSP Stage 2 + bolt ons such as intake/intercooler/exhaust. You have a 53ft lb cushion between the conservative limit, I would not not be worried in that case. 3+ is very very street-able but 2+ would be closer to a stock feel.

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think the 2+ is fine for TSP Stage 2 + bolt ons such as intake/intercooler/exhaust. You have a 53ft lb cushion between the conservative limit, I would not not be worried in that case. 3+ is very very street-able but 2+ would be closer to a stock feel.
Thank ya so much! I just placed my order for the 3+ happy Thanksgiving

Ruskee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si
Considering it's only 7 lbs lighter than stock, is that enough to make it noticeably more free-revving? Or does being heavy enough to avoid drivetrain noise mean sacrificing most of the benefits of a lightweight flywheel?

OP
OP
Two Step Performance

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
Considering it's only 7 lbs lighter than stock, is that enough to make it noticeably more free-revving? Or does being heavy enough to avoid drivetrain noise mean sacrificing most of the benefits of a lightweight flywheel?
It's a compromise. If you go aluminum, you sacrifice a bit of noise for the higher performance. Steel, you sacrifice some of the performance to avoid noise. 7 pounds off the factory flywheel is a 25% weight decrease, there will still be a noticeable difference.

SiYa

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Just ordered mine yesterday, the stage 2+ and a PRL race CAI! My stock clutch is slipping even on the 21psi ktuner basemap, I tried the TSP stage 1 at first and it went straight to redline in 3rd. The stock clutch sucks! Gonna get this on as soon as I can get it up on my cousin's lift

OP
OP
Two Step Performance

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
Just ordered mine yesterday, the stage 2+ and a PRL race CAI! My stock clutch is slipping even on the 21psi ktuner basemap, I tried the TSP stage 1 at first and it went straight to redline in 3rd. The stock clutch sucks! Gonna get this on as soon as I can get it up on my cousin's lift
Thanks for the order, we think you will be very pleased!

d1zguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Mustang GT Premium
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Picked up my si today from the shop. But i noticed the parking brake is not releasing when i put it in gear, 1st or reverse. One thing i can think of is that maybe since the clutch is engaging differently that its not reaching the same point in the clutch as before. Is anyone having this issue? I ended up getting the 3+ with the steel flywheel
Sponsored