• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R - SGP
I live near the dragon and recently took it on the road there. Just took it easy but it felt great. Car was filthy but still looked great.

For interested
265/35/18
Titan T-R10
18x9.5 +45
Michelin Pilot Sport 4 All Season

Mugen Visors

11th Gen Honda Civic Tail of the Dragon run in FL5 3899817
11th Gen Honda Civic Tail of the Dragon run in FL5 3899818
11th Gen Honda Civic Tail of the Dragon run in FL5 3899819
Sponsored

yeaitsahonda

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Boost Blue Type R
Sick! What driving mode did you have it in? For as stiff as it feels driving it that first pic looks like a lot more body roll than I thought it would have.

OP
OP
elusiveaura

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R - SGP
at time of picture I’m unsure of what mode I had it in. I was switching between R and Individual (comfort) a lot to feel differences. Either setting though I felt no roll inside the cabin. Outside might show it though a little.

Sick! What driving mode did you have it in? For as stiff as it feels driving it that first pic looks like a lot more body roll than I thought it would have.

Sazabi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ
Sick! Do you happen to have side profile shots? Curious to see what your fit is like with these wheels.

CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, LS Swapped FC3S
How much did the ride quality improve with the 35 series sidewall on 18 inch wheels? What about road noise compared to the Michelin PS4S?

OP
OP
elusiveaura

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R - SGP
I’d say ride quality improved 15-20%. I don’t cringe over potholes going from 30-35 sidewall. I obviously still avoid if possible but between the bigger sidewall and stronger wheel, I feel more secure. Road noise is still somewhat loud. I mean it’s less than the stock tires but the car is loud regardless due to lack of Nvh reducers built into car and how it’s built. Things did improve overall though with the switch. Just don’t expect a drastic improvement.

How much did the ride quality improve with the 35 series sidewall on 18 inch wheels? What about road noise compared to the Michelin PS4S?

OP
OP
elusiveaura

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R - SGP
Ya more meat is always better. (Sounds weird lol). I wanted to keep specs in line to where whatever size I went, my speedo stayed accurate. If I went to 40 then it would have been off 2-3 mph. Plus 35 still makes a pretty decent difference over 30 for myself.

I like a little more meat on my tires for a daily driver. Prob have to wait until spring to get up to the tail. Had a blast in my FC3 up there in October.

RickyJeezus

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Ya more meat is always better. (Sounds weird lol). I wanted to keep specs in line to where whatever size I went, my speedo stayed accurate. If I went to 40 then it would have been off 2-3 mph. Plus 35 still makes a pretty decent difference over 30 for myself.
You could even go to a 275/35/18 for a little more sidewall without completely going off on sizing

Kfo_cpa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RDX
I live near the dragon and recently took it on the road there. Just took it easy but it felt great. Car was filthy but still looked great.

For interested
265/35/18
Titan T-R10
18x9.5 +45
Michelin Pilot Sport 4 All Season

Mugen Visors

3899817.jpg
3899818.jpg
3899819.jpg
Your car looks awesome! I was thinking of doing something similar with the wheels and tires. Did you notice ride improvement compared to stock? Also, how do you like the Michelle a/s tires? Are they quieter than stock ps4s? I find the stock tires really loud on the highway. Thanks.

OP
OP
elusiveaura

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R - SGP
I do like my setup a lot. I do notice ride improvement and noise level but to be honest it’s probably 15-20% is what I tell people. Obviously what you keep your tires PSI at will help too. Is it a difference going from 19-18? Yes. Is it drastic? No but it’s still noticeable and more comfortable. Parked with the titans being forged and lightweight and a quality all season tire, I’m definitely happy. And yes they’re quieter than the stocks. Just don’t go into it expecting a Cadillac lol

If you’re going for as quiet tire as you can with a similar setup, I believe the Continental dws06 eeks out a win as far as noise level. I’ve just always been a Michelin fanboy and their sidewall looks better to me too. It’s not a big enough difference noise wise for me to care.

Your car looks awesome! I was thinking of doing something similar with the wheels and tires. Did you notice ride improvement compared to stock? Also, how do you like the Michelle a/s tires? Are they quieter than stock ps4s? I find the stock tires really loud on the highway. Thanks.

Kfo_cpa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RDX
I do like my setup a lot. I do notice ride improvement and noise level but to be honest it’s probably 15-20% is what I tell people. Obviously what you keep your tires PSI at will help too. Is it a difference going from 19-18? Yes. Is it drastic? No but it’s still noticeable and more comfortable. Parked with the titans being forged and lightweight and a quality all season tire, I’m definitely happy. And yes they’re quieter than the stocks. Just don’t go into it expecting a Cadillac lol

If you’re going for as quiet tire as you can with a similar setup, I believe the Continental dws06 eeks out a win as far as noise level. I’ve just always been a Michelin fanboy and their sidewall looks better to me too. It’s not a big enough difference noise wise for me to care.
Thanks again for the feedback.
Sponsored