• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

The Tuned 11th gen Experience & Reliability Thread (for all models)

HondaFan777

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, 2023 Pilot Elite
Vehicle: 2022 Civic Sport Touring

Total tuned time: 1 month

Tuned miles driven: 300

Tuning device(s) used: KTuner V2

Tunes used: TSP Stage 1 1.5T Non Si tune

Fuel used: 93 octane

Additional related mods: PRL Stage 1 intake

Problems/issues: None

Driving style: Spirited

Tuning experience notes: Great refined Tune without a dyno tune.

arbies

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BB Type-R
Vehicle: 2022 Civic Touring sedan

Total tuned time: 4 days (since Jan 6th, 2022)

Tuned miles driven: 100-ish

Tunes used: TSP Stage 1, but switched to Starter 21 with most aggressive Quick Adjustments

Additional related mods: None yet (PRL Stage 1 intake on order)

Driving style: Heavy foot most of the time. Traded in my tuned 2020 Type-R for this 2022 Civic, and I'm happy with the amount of power it makes.

Tuning experience notes: I tried the TSP Stage 1 tune first (I ordered the KTuner from TSP, so the tune was included). It was good, but I switched to the Starter 21 tune, and changed all of the Quick Adjustments to the most aggressive settings, and according to my butt in the seat, it's way better... seems to have more power down in lower RPMs.

Update February 27, 2023:
Still rocking the same tune. Nothing else changed. I have about 13,000 miles on my car. No issues.

Last edited:

arbies

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BB Type-R
Does tuning generally require 93 octane?
I think it depends on the tune and what you expect to get out of it.
KTuner's site (https://ktuner.com/22civicturbo/) for their built-in tunes says:
Running 91+ will give the best results.
TSP's site (https://www.twostepperformance.com/...stage-1-tune-for-2022-honda-civic-1-5t-non-si) for their tune says:
Premium fuel (91 or 93 octane) is REQUIRED.
I figure it's like a weightlifter eating Sour Patch Kids vs. a Hungryman vs. chicken & vegetables. I'm giving my car chicken & vegetables (93 octane) because I want peak performance, and don't mind paying a bit extra for gas.

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Tuning experience notes: I tried the TSP Stage 1 tune first (I ordered the KTuner from TSP, so the tune was included). It was good, but I switched to the Starter 21 tune, and changed all of the Quick Adjustments to the most aggressive settings, and according to my butt in the seat, it's way better... seems to have more power down in lower RPMs.
Thanks for adding your car.

So TSP vs. an aggressive KTuner Starter...

In real numbers, the TSP tune is more powerful and smoother but they feel different. With TSP there is a lot of restraint down low with a more linear feel top to bottom.

The KTuner tunes with aggressive throttle, turbo, and spool settings will almost feel twitchy down low. Really fun. Has a nice midrange too. The downside is that the top end isn't as good as TSP.

The great thing about the included Starter tunes is the huge amount of adjustability to personal preference (although it may take some trial and error).

I'm basing that on my many years with both tunes on my 10th and I'm pretty positive the 11th tunes are essentially designed with the same feel.

Last edited:

PrayingForGrip

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 SGP ST Hatch 6MT
Thanks for adding your car.

So TSP vs. an aggressive KTuner Starter...

In real numbers, the TSP tune is more powerful and smoother but they feel different. With TSP there is a lot of restraint down low with a more linear feel top to bottom.

The KTuner tunes with aggressive throttle, turbo, and spool settings will almost feel twitchy down low. Really fun. Has a nice midrange too. The downside is that the top end isn't as good as TSP.

The great thing about the included Starter tunes is the huge amount of adjustability to personal preference (although it may take some trial and error).

I'm basing that on my many years with both tunes on my 10th and I'm pretty positive the 11th tunes are essentially designed with the same feel.
K tuner starter maps are great for dd's, when I had it I would never really pull to redline to get up to speed, now on phearable I feel I have to rev it out to redline compared to the starter maps. Not an issue though as it pulls soooooo nice up top compared to the other maps.

HondaFan777

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
From my experience the TSP Stage 1 with early spool on is my favorite so far. I like the more linear power delivery and the pull on top end. I ran Phearable Stage 3 and 4 on flex on my 10AT 2.0t Sport Accord and it feels very similar. Besides the amount of power of course ?

Wheats027

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Sport Touring / 18' Type R
From my experience the TSP Stage 1 with early spool on is my favorite so far. I like the more linear power delivery and the pull on top end. I ran Phearable Stage 3 and 4 on flex on my 10AT 2.0t Sport Accord and it feels very similar. Besides the amount of power of course ?
Any footage of driving your 22' on the TSP tune?

PrayingForGrip

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 SGP ST Hatch 6MT
Vehicle: 2022 Civic Touring Hatch 6 spd

Total tuned time: 1 1/2 months

Tuned miles driven: 2300~ (53xx total)

Tunes used: Dual 21 starter and Phearable 1.5

Fuel used:
91 octane on ktuner, 91+ 1.5 gallons of e on the phearable.

Additional related mods: PRL Stage 1 intake

Problems/issues: None at all.

Driving style: highway cruiser cc at 80, around town aggressive acceleration to get up to speed, aggressive on ramps and lots of canyon runs.

Tuning experience notes: Loved the starter maps but Phearable is definitely my favorite between the two. Still manage to get 45+ on the highway and 35 average between town and hwy. Tunes haven't given me a problem at all and its plenty quick for what I use it for. I already know I'm going to have to buy a damn intercooler now lol.

HardLuckFE1

First Name
Morgan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Civic Si
Vehicle: 2022 civic si
Total tuned time: since feb 12 2022
Tuned km driven: 50
Tuning device used: KTuner V2
Tunes used: Starter 21 dual tune 2
Fuel used: 91 octane
Additional mods: PRL stage 1 intake
Problems/issues: none
Driving style: Moderate ,, random pulls here and there, never really beating on it.
Tuning experience notes: Don’t be scared, installation is straight forward and ots tunes are usually very safe.
The car has woken up and piqued my interest as far as bang for buck mods in future.
11th Gen Honda Civic The Tuned 11th gen Experience & Reliability Thread (for all models) 81EC361A-9EB9-4357-8093-357AA336E8B3
11th Gen Honda Civic The Tuned 11th gen Experience & Reliability Thread (for all models) 188F3CEF-4CA7-4BA3-AA29-76DA9C8F73A8

HondaFan777

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle: 2022 Civic Sport Touring

Total tuned time: 2 months

Tuned miles driven: 900

Tunes used: TSP Stage 1 1.5T Non Si tune

Additional related mods: PRL Stage 1 intake \ PRL HV Downpipe \ PRL Front Pipe \ PRL Resonator Delete \ PRL FMIC ( awaiting arrival )

Driving style: Spirited

Tuning experience notes: Great refined Tune without a dyno tune. Really started to shine with the DP/FP install.

abe.

First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 si, 05 crv (RIP)
Vehicle: 2022 Civic si

Total tuned time: couple of weeks

Tuned miles driven: ~350

Tunes used: Starter 21 (Stage 2)

Fuel used: 91 octane

Additional related mods: Nada

Problems/issues: One failed flash, just think it was due to my cable being messed up. No fails since then.

Driving style: Like I stole it.

Tuning experience notes: Super fun, pretty peaky but in a good way.

Sponsored