• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

The Tuned 11th gen Experience & Reliability Thread (for all models)

alhounos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si - Sold, Tesla Model 3
Vehicle: 2022 Civic Si

Total tuned time: 12 months

Tuned miles driven: 14,000

Tuning device(s) used: Hondata

Tunes used: 250HP/250TQ, VSA disable, full throttle, rev-hang disable

Fuel used: 92 octane

Additional related mods: PRL air filter, rear motor mount

Problems/issues: Valve cover weeped oil. Replaced with 10th gen/Accord gasket. A corner of timing cover seeps oil.

Driving style: 10-15 track days a year.

Tuning experience notes: Boost comes on a lot earlier. Car has a lot more torque. Full boost at around 21 psi. No clutch slip. Full throttle shift could use a little bit more timing retardation.
Great to hear you can run 10-15 track days a year at 250tq without any clutch slip. That's a really good sign. Also good to know about the oil leaks, will keep an eye out for that.

I would be surprised if any other car in this thread goes through anywhere near as many hours of wide open throttle as yours does. :D Please keep us updated.
Sponsored

MSUGeoman

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R #2486
Just a thought here, would it be useful to include any of the user selectable options folks are running as info tracked as well? New to KTuner and just flashed my car last night, but I wasnt sure how a lot of the selectable options change things or if it's even worthwhile to mess with over a base/TSP/Phearable tune. Might be worth putting up a whole thread of its own to discuss?

Giovandre

First Name
GiO
Threads
Reaction score
North Dakota, USA from Puerto Rico (USAF)
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si, 2023 Nissan Pathfinder Platinum
(UPDATE)

Vehicle:
2022 Civic Si

Total tuned time: 1 year

Tuned miles driven: 9,600

Tuning device(s) used:
Ktuner

Tunes used: Phearable

Fuel used:

Additional related mods: PRL HV Intake, PRL Frontpipe, PRL Intercooler & Charge pipes, Remark Exhaust, 27 Won Downpipe, 27Won Motor mount

Parts awaiting in my garage: PRL Flex fuel, RV6 FK8 Retro flywheel,
Exedy FK8 Stage 0 Clutch

Problems/issues:
no issues (Knockin on wood)

Driving style: Cruising, 1 to 2 pulls a week.

Tuning experience notes:
Always on map two on Phearable tune, no issues. Looking to Etune with @D-RobIMW Or Phearable 2.5r that's coming out very soon. The OEM clutch is holding power so far. I did a draggy; the car did 101.70mph on 91 octanes. Video here:

Last edited:

ThunderPigeon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Crystal Black Pearl Civic SI
Vehicle: 2022 Civic SI

Total tuned time: 2 Months (Tuned Jan 2023)

Tuned miles driven: 600 miles (Tuned at 3,000 miles)

Tuning device(s) used: KTuner V1.2

Tunes used: TSP Stage 1, Starter 21 Dual 2

Fuel used: 93 octane

Additional related mods: PRL HVI

Problems/issues:
None

Driving style: Spirited

Tuning experience notes : Starter tune felt twitchy and had no top end. Drove with the Starter tune for about 500 miles. I just flashed TSP STage 1. It is smoother and has better top end.

I have the PRL DP, PRL FP, PRL FMIC and Charge Pipes in hand and going in soon.

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Just a thought here, would it be useful to include any of the user selectable options folks are running as info tracked as well? New to KTuner and just flashed my car last night, but I wasnt sure how a lot of the selectable options change things or if it's even worthwhile to mess with over a base/TSP/Phearable tune. Might be worth putting up a whole thread of its own to discuss?
Not necessary to track user adjustments because so much of it is user preference. I'm pretty well versed in this stuff so if you have any questions about what settings do or change or how they interact, I'll be happy to answer. And remember, the OTS tunes from Phearable and TSP are mostly locked so you're only talking about the base tunes for the most part.

Last edited:

Shingo_Shoji

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic SI
(UPDATE)

Vehicle: 2023 Civic Si

Total tuned time: 2 months

Tuned miles driven: 1,700miles

Tuning device(s) used: KTuner V2

Tunes used: TSP MAP 3 25PSI

Fuel used:
93 octane

Additional related mods: none

Problems/issues:
None

Driving style: normal commuting, 1-2 hard pulls a day

Tuning experience notes: throttle response is fantastic. I have no slippage in the clutch so far, however I’ve only done pulls 4k rpm and above and the clutch has been broken in for 3,000 miles before install. After about 100-200 miles of K Tuner 21psi map I flashed the TSP tune. It is almost as great of a leap from stock to the K tuner map as it was from the K tuner map to TSP. I do most of my driving in commuting dad mode, but it has never skipped a beat in any situation.

Deculture

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Sport Touring
Vehicle: 2022 Civic Sport Touring CVT

Total tuned time: Six weeks

Tuned miles driven: ~3,500 (8600 driven untuned) - lots of driving between Atlanta / Savanah from northern FL....

Tuning device(s) used: KTuner V2

Tunes used: Starter 21 (Dual Tune 1), throttle response/ramp all aggressive, early turbo spool enabled.

Fuel used: 93 Octane

Additional related mods: PRL Stage 1 Intake, 27Won RMM

Problems/issues: Nothing so far

Driving style: 80mph cruise control when on the highways, bursts of speed when going onto highway ramps / passing left lane campers.

Tuning experience notes: First time I've modded my car (all of my previous ones were 100% stock) and the tune made it feel like a completely different vehicle, it's wild what the tune awakens.

Sapphire_fe1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic EX 1.5T sedan
Vehicle: 2022 Civic EX CVT

Tuned miles driven: ~3100 (2300 driven untuned)

Tuning device used: KTuner V2

Tunes used: Starter 21 (Dual Tune 1), Phearable 1.5
Currently using Phearable 1.5 with BBG 19psi in "1st" on map 3.

Fuel used: Chevron/Shell 91 Octane + 1.5 gallons of e85

Additional related mods: 27Won RMM (60a with only 100 miles driven with it)

Driving style: Mostly city driving.
70mph cruise control when on the highways, occasional 3k-4k rpm pulls getting on highways and passing slow drivers.

Tuning experience notes: The Ktuner starter tunes feel good but the Phearable 1.5 tune feels even better and smoother. Just cruising around town I hardly have to go over 2k rpm. The car actually does something now when I do pulls in "sport" mode.

Although when I'm partial throttle, barely accelerating above 2k rpms in "D" my knock control goes up. It also goes up with partial throttle in "sport". The more and longer I do it the higher it goes. I've seen it go to .66 after a couple short pulls.

Can anyone tell me why this happens? It happens on all 3 maps.

maracuch0

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Hatchback ST
Vehicle: 2022 Civic EX CVT

Tuned miles driven: ~3100 (2300 driven untuned)

Tuning device used: KTuner V2

Tunes used: Starter 21 (Dual Tune 1), Phearable 1.5
Currently using Phearable 1.5 with BBG 19psi in "1st" on map 3.

Fuel used: Chevron/Shell 91 Octane + 1.5 gallons of e85

Additional related mods: 27Won RMM (60a with only 100 miles driven with it)

Driving style: Mostly city driving.
70mph cruise control when on the highways, occasional 3k-4k rpm pulls getting on highways and passing slow drivers.

Tuning experience notes: The Ktuner starter tunes feel good but the Phearable 1.5 tune feels even better and smoother. Just cruising around town I hardly have to go over 2k rpm. The car actually does something now when I do pulls in "sport" mode.

Although when I'm partial throttle, barely accelerating above 2k rpms in "D" my knock control goes up. It also goes up with partial throttle in "sport". The more and longer I do it the higher it goes. I've seen it go to .66 after a couple short pulls.

Can anyone tell me why this happens? It happens on all 3 maps.
Not an expert, but I think the knock control is based on the type of gas you put in and heat? My K Con is always around .49 on cold temps and normal driving. Once I start flooring it, the K Con goes up to like .50-.60ish on multiple pulls. I have not seen it go past .70 as of yet.

Sapphire_fe1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic EX 1.5T sedan
It's mostly a reflection of gas quality. But heat and load are certainly factors too. If you go up a steep hill, you'll see your kc going up a bit, for example. But mostly it's all about the gas.
I just did a WOT pull in "sport" from 50-100mph on map 3 last night and my kc went way up to .72
Last time I filled up at a Chevron should I try filling up at shell this time or just order a e85 test kit?

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
I just did a WOT pull in "sport" from 50-100mph on map 3 last night and my kc went to way up to .72
Last time I filled up at a Chevron should I try filling up at shell this time or just order a e85 test kit?
Keep in mind that seeing an elevated number after a pull isn't unusual. It's the ECU doing it's job "protecting" your ECU. As long as kc goes down after a time that's just normal.

I'm not familiar with the quality of Chevron plus I also recommend choosing a busy station that has a lot of turnover in it's tanks. Fresher gas is generally better gas.

Rumff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 civic si
Vehicle: 2022 Civic Si canadian spec

Total tuned time: one week

Tuned miles driven:
125km

Tuning device(s) used: KTUNER V2

Tunes used: Starter 18 Dual Tune 2 (18PSI/16.5) with improve throttle and reduce rev hang, boost target ramp rate II, turbo response II, earlyspool and remove artificial knock control rise

Fuel used:
91 octane (cause we got rid of 94)

Additional related mods: PRL high volume intake, resonator delete, and a plm front pipe (otw not installed)

Problems/issues: None so far

Driving style: Aggressive burst here and there, casual, sporty drive aswell and cornering.

Tuning experience notes: definately woke up the car can reach target boost more quickly but i loose traction at second gear no clutch slip knock control casual driving at 0.49 at a second gear pull doing 140kmh it went up to 0.73 but it goes down when u baby drive again just waiting on the front pipe to see how different will it be
Sponsored