• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Will there be any mechanical problems if I let the valve open all the time? I've done it to Audi and had no problem. Thinking to actually do it on fl5.
Nah no issues, it just for the flap. I did it on my old r32, plugged and ziptied it. Can you actually tell the sound different, all the vidoes so far sound about the same as fk8.
Sponsored

citrus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CZ4A, Abarth 500, ZZW30, ND2 RF
Why not just hold tight for aftermarket instead of jacking around with it.
Hmm... One option costs money and you'll have to wait. The other is free and you can do it right now.

Not a hard choice if you ask me.

Village911

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 #839
Nah no issues, it just for the flap. I did it on my old r32, plugged and ziptied it. Can you actually tell the sound different, all the vidoes so far sound about the same as fk8.
I can't honestly tell the difference but I bet there's a small difference in decibels with a little bit of a deeper tone.

I just don't like build-ups inside of this flap, so either zipping at my friend's shop or wait for the after-market parts, which I highly doubt there will be.

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Hmm... One option costs money and you'll have to wait. The other is free and you can do it right now.

Not a hard choice if you ask me.
If you donā€™t have the money. No need to be condescending. Maybe I'm the only one that would just leave it alone or put an exhaust on. Seems invasive to be clamping or zip tying etc. and not knowing effects.

Village911

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 #839
If you donā€™t have the money. No need to be condescending. Maybe I'm the only one that would just leave it alone or put an exhaust on. Seems invasive to be clamping or zip tying etc. and not knowing effects.
I guess everyoneā€™s got their own style šŸ˜ŽšŸ‘Œ
Back ro my point, I can wait other people to get their hands on this car and start discussing all the featuresā€¦ Especially on individual mode and what each things do. Wait is nearly over guys, hold strong! Fl5 is so slick šŸ¤­

citrus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CZ4A, Abarth 500, ZZW30, ND2 RF
On the LC 500, a car that costs twice as much as an FL5, (and many other exotics) it's only a couple plugs that need to disconnect to keeps the exhaust valve open all the time. All you do is lift up the rear, pull the plugs, and tie them up somewhere so they don't get damaged/cooked/etc. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lc-model-2018-present/934654-exhaust-valves.html

I obviously haven't been under an FL5, but I highly doubt Honda's system is more sophisticated than this.

@savagegeese a little off-topic, but do you still have your LC? How has it been long term?

OP
OP

savagegeese

First Name
Savagegeese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Type R
On the LC 500, a car that costs twice as much as an FL5, (and many other exotics) it's only a couple plugs that need to disconnect to keeps the exhaust valve open all the time. All you do is lift up the rear, pull the plugs, and tie them up somewhere so they don't get damaged/cooked/etc. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lc-model-2018-present/934654-exhaust-valves.html

I obviously haven't been under an FL5, but I highly doubt Honda's system is more sophisticated than this.

@savagegeese a little off-topic, but do you still have your LC? How has it been long term?
I sold the LC, did not drive it for like 5 months. Other than the fact the car needs a trans and oil cooler it was an amazing car, zero issues. It's the ultimate GT car.

As far as the exhaust flap I think IMO on cold starts namely in garage or if you have neighbors the flap makes it a bit less boomy which I appreciate in the morning. When I get car I'll see how it's wired up and do some db tests before and after.

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
I sold the LC, did not drive it for like 5 months. Other than the fact the car needs a trans and oil cooler it was an amazing car, zero issues. It's the ultimate GT car.

As far as the exhaust flap I think IMO on cold starts namely in garage or if you have neighbors the flap makes it a bit less boomy which I appreciate in the morning. When I get car I'll see how it's wired up and do some db tests before and after.
the 22 wrx is boomy as hell during cold start especially in a garage. It sounds like I donā€™t have any resonator/muffler.

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 #1348 (Sold), FL5 #682
here's one more to add to the pile that the FL5 is, indeed, quicker around road course tracks.

OP
OP

savagegeese

First Name
Savagegeese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Type R
here's one more to add to the pile that the FL5 is, indeed, quicker around road course tracks.

I believe the new car is faster around track but until we get back to back same day same tire its gonna be a debate. I have seen cars run 2 seconds a lap faster in same car same setups because of ambient temps and track temps. The laptime thing is basically meaningless unless its a controlled test.

CWNole95

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 CW FL5
I believe the new car is faster around track but until we get back to back same day same tire its gonna be a debate. I have seen cars run 2 seconds a lap faster in same car same setups because of ambient temps and track temps. The laptime thing is basically meaningless unless its a controlled test.
I donā€™t feel that the above is stressed enough in the ā€œtrack testsā€ that are out there, at least those that I have seen. This is absolutely dead on.
Sponsored