• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Thoughts on the carbon fibre wing?

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
I can see where it’d probably affect mpg slightly during a long road trip if the average speed is like 75mph+. It would be interesting to know at what speed the carbon fiber wing starts applying notably more downforce than the stock wing. Obviously, at low speeds there’d be little to know difference. But as speed increases the downforce differential between the two would increase.
Sponsored

urbo73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R
I'm concerned about @Clark_Kent . Earlier this week telling @jayely14 to forget about the CTR (he ended up getting it!) and today with the posts here. This is not like him, something must be wrong.

11th Gen Honda Civic Thoughts on the carbon fibre wing? superman-nasty

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
My thoughts:

1. I like the wing - actually my favorite part of the FL5 exterior. More downforce and for most drivers blocks less of the rear view than on my FK8. And how do you not like carbon fiber?

2. Yes, more downforce equals more drag and less mileage. But many other factors contribute to mileage.
So don't be too fast to blame the wing. A small price to pay if your car stays shiny side up.

3. Does anybody else on here want to see a full F1 style, driver adjustable wing? Just because?

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 #1348 (Sold), FL5 #682
My thoughts:

1. I like the wing - actually my favorite part of the FL5 exterior. More downforce and for most drivers blocks less of the rear view than on my FK8. And how do you not like carbon fiber?

2. Yes, more downforce equals more drag and less mileage. But many other factors contribute to mileage.
So don't be too fast to blame the wing. A small price to pay if your car stays shiny side up.

3. Does anybody else on here want to see a full F1 style, driver adjustable wing? Just because?
na, you want DRS for our Type R's? 🙏
(i.e. drag reduction system...within 1sec behind car in front, and you can deploy).
yes, togo, please :dance:

UclaGuy

First Name
Webster
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Ioniq 5
Is the shape of the carbon fiber spoiler different than the stock spoiler?