• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Ministry

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FL5 Boost Blue #684, 2022 Si (sold)
Vehicle Showcase
To any future FL5 owners out there, make sure the dealer removes the suspension transport blocks before taking delivery!

I didn't catch it when I took delivery and put about 50 miles on before realizing something was off. Took it back to the dealer and gave them hell about missing the step during PDI. Upon further look, removing the blocks wasn't even on the PDI checklist and the dealer claimed no other Honda's where being shipped with these so it was missed. Rides a lot better now! :p

shippingblocks.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

tuhroo

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FK8, ISF, 95 K20 EG8, 98 ITR, 95 EG8
man...you could've broken a wheel from that shit

i would talk to the gm about that and get your adm refunded lol

OP
OP

Ministry

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
man...you could've broken a wheel from that shit

i would talk to the gm about that and get your adm refunded lol
No shit , right? I'm surprised it wasn't another dealer add-on - carolina squat package - $699:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Y82OneTwoSix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Civic Type R - 2022 MDX Type S Advance
To any future FL5 owners out there, make sure the dealer removes the suspension transport blocks before taking delivery!

I didn't catch it when I took delivery and put about 50 miles on before realizing something was off. Took it back to the dealer and gave them hell about missing the step during PDI. Upon further look, removing the blocks wasn't even on the PDI checklist and the dealer claimed no other Honda's where being shipped with these so it was missed. Rides a lot better now! :p

View attachment 228511
Thanks for posting as really appreciated!

I had that same issue with a 2016 GT350R back in the day.

After my vehicle was riding very stiff I located polyurethane shipping blocks still located in both the front and read springs after my PDI was completed.

Once removed I had to get the MagneRide recalibrated and of course my vehicle sat a little lower and looked much better.

Were the suspension blocks located in both the front and rear springs?

Tickle

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Accord 2.0T Touring
Wow. Unreal.

Mistakes happen but on a car that gets so many eyes how can you over look it.

Amature hour.

Pierito

First Name
Piero
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type-R (CW), 2007 Honda S2000 (SS)
I bought a used s2000 in 2015 that felt like the suspension was quite still considering it was stock. It still had the spring spacers installed.

It was a 2007 with 25,000 miles on it.......and it still had the original spring spacers.

25000 MILES......8 YEARS with the spacers in. How does that happen?

savagegeese

First Name
Savagegeese
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FL5 Type R
I bought a used s2000 in 2015 that felt like the suspension was quite still considering it was stock. It still had the spring spacers installed.

It was a 2007 with 25,000 miles on it.......and it still had the original spring spacers.

Because most people have no clue about how car suspensions should feel. If a car is stiff it means it handles good. Person was probably like wow this car is dialed in.

tuhroo

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lol nah you can definitely tell when they’re in…it feels like R mode on comfort

OP
OP

Ministry

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Curious did the FK8 ship with spacers? Just curious as to the validity of the dealers claim of no other Honda's have ever had them.

tuhroo

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yep it did, shit feels like you’re driving a train lol

Modular Cal

First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
08 Mustang GT, 04 GSX-R600
@administrator is it possible to have this thread a sticky? There have been a couple cases in here so far and maybe it can help others identify it through the excitement of delivery (or remind them to check beforehand, which I intend to do).

arsing116

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Evo X GSR

WOW, that is an amazing feat. I think I would have noticed from doing wheel washes and the weird ride quality and/or height.

Turbonium

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
93' EG B18C
Because most people have no clue about how car suspensions should feel. If a car is stiff it means it handles good. Person was probably like wow this car is dialed in.
The original owner must've felt ass pains everytime he drove it, thinking how raw the car feels lol.

But I bet there's people that drove with the original spacers on the fk8 or other cars for thousands of miles somewhere and probably still is. But if they're zip tied on, I imagine they would just break eventually once you hit some big dips