• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Type R "In the Wild" Sightings

Toprarnen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IS350
Thought it would be nice to have one location where we can post all of our "spotted in the wild" pictures, especially as these finally come to market. Have fun and post away!
Sponsored

POPNTEC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW FL5 CTR
Iā€™m first on the list at my dealership but the fact they havenā€™t called me with any info Ignites panic in me.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack
Pair this car with MCS 2WR system and you'll have the best-handling modern 4-door. Arguably one of the best-looking too. I can feel it.

POPNTEC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW FL5 CTR
Pair this car with MCS 2WR system and you'll have the best-handling modern 4-door. Arguably one of the best-looking too. I can feel it.
I think this car is going to go down in history up there with the likes of the DC5 ITR. It has very classic looks with the right amount of muscle with the bulging fenders. A very clean car for sure. I love the rear three quarter angle of the car, the shape of the ass end and the tail lights are spot on imo.

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
The tires are so wide lol. Just straight up meaty.

Shiba Speed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I may have missed it, but I didn't see this posted else where. I hope this is ok and falls under the classification of "other images" per the thread title.

This image came from yet another walk around video (link), so 99% of the video included talking points that we have all heard before. What was a first for me was that he showed a handout, which highlighted a few things.

Curse his use of shallow depth of view and angling of the paper... I'll post a few shots where the focus has slightly changed, so that we can try to better make out the different portions of the handout.

Suspension Geometry
Hard to say, but the steering axis seems more vertical compared to the FK8 (link)? Also, the damper fork might be one whole piece in the FL5?
11th Gen Honda Civic Type R "In the Wild" Sightings ctr suspension geometry

Torque
11th Gen Honda Civic Type R "In the Wild" Sightings ctr torque

Rigidity (no great angles and focus available...)
11th Gen Honda Civic Type R "In the Wild" Sightings ctr rigidity

typeR4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do sneakers count if I put wheels on them?
I've only seen the Japanese version of that. Where is that from?

Basically it talks about all the changes.

rui

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EG6, AP1, FL5
I've only seen the Japanese version of that. Where is that from?

Basically it talks about all the changes.
Seems to be a single-sheet translated summary of a few highlights of the Japanese technical presentation that was handed over to journalists for the UK presentation.
Sponsored