• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Type R Record at the Ring?

Will the Type R take the record at Nurburgring before the reveal?

• Total voters

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Pacifica
The riddle….

The Megane Trophy R which holds the lap record (for front wheel drive production cars “FWDPC”) at the Nurburgring (7:40.1) has a fastest lap time at Suzuka of 2:25.45.

The 2023 Type R prototype set the FWDPC record at Suzuka with a time of 2:23.12 - almost 2.5 seconds faster than the Megane.

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nothing interesting right now
I think if they were able to do it without adding much more power, it will be pretty tight. Probably 7:38 give or take a second.

With that said, I honestly think the limiting factor for the Type-R at the Ring is lack of power in the straights. My gut feeling is they couldn't pull of a new record last year, so they went back and re-tuned the engine at Suzuka. If they did that, you might see a considerable jump in the lap time down to like 7:32 or something.

This will be the swan song for the Type-R IMO. If they are going to go for it, hopefully they went all out on it. No real point setting a record that will fall almost immediately if they make another special edition of the Megane.