• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
Darn, that’s a lot farther out than I’d like to hear. I wonder if that will be the same for NA?

tuhroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK8, 13 ISF, 95 K20 EG8, 98 ITR, 95 EG8, 23 FL5
i feel like the deliveries in NA will be sooner than that, especially if the cars are being made here...my gsm said i will "definitely" have my car by thanksgiving. so we shall see

OP
OP
giger

giger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FD2
I'm guessing then that NA must have their own bulletin like the one above then. I'd ask to see it, otherwise he's probably speculating.

Info so far still suggests that all CTRs will be made in Japan.

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
Yeah wish we could get a confirmation on build location. Keep seeing Japan and Indiana go back and for from different sources in the US.

tuhroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm guessing then that NA must have their own bulletin like the one above then. I'd ask to see it, otherwise he's probably speculating.

Info so far still suggests that all CTRs will be made in Japan.
i don't think he actually got a bulletin, he was just hoping since i've been bothering him daily 😫

SwiftTone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si

tuhroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
if they are all being built in japan, going to be very slim to get them to show up this year...

SwiftTone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si
if they are all being built in japan, going to be very slim to get them to show up this year...
I agree which is a bummer. I will be replacing my 2022 Si with the Type R. I hope the resale value is still inflated when my Type R comes in.

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
According to this article a Honda Spokesperson confirmed it will be built in Japan as The Indiana plant is tooled for mass productions and not niche products like Type-R.

https://carbuzz.com/news/honda-civic-type-r-will-only-be-made-in-japan
So... The source is a good one. The reasoning is odd.

Both plants are both 250,000 annual production plants. The Yorri plant is their latest and greatest.

The Greensburg facility no longer produces the Honda insight. The shift seems logical from that viewpoint.

adamsmca

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None (yet)
I'm assuming that it won't be applied to the rest of the world. Back when the FK8 came out in 2017, it was released in the US in April and released in the UK in July. So, it wouldn't surprise me if the FL5 followed the same trend with a three month gap. Having it release around October in the US.

OP
OP
giger

giger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FD2
If you've had proof from elsewhere please post it here. Sorry to say that without that most dealers are speculating. The above notice was only sent to dealer principles - please post the notification for your country if you have one

typeR4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do sneakers count if I put wheels on them?
That's interesting because they produced in UK but then was behind by 3 months compared to US?
I'm assuming that it won't be applied to the rest of the world. Back when the FK8 came out in 2017, it was released in the US in April and released in the UK in July. So, it wouldn't surprise me if the FL5 followed the same trend with a three month gap. Having it release around October in the US.
Sponsored