• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

W1 Turbo on CVT car dyno/test results database

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
17 HBS, 18 SI, 18 CTR, 14 Ridgeline
Hey everyone,

I am creating this thread to be a database and resource for those that have a CVT equipped car and have a W1 turbo installed or are looking to get one installed.While we have sold most of our 27WON turbo kit upgrades to manual-equipped cars; we have shipped some out to CVT cars both domestically and internationally.

If you are a customer who has purchased and installed a W1 on your CVT car please post below
- where you are from
- what parts you have installed
- dyno numbers and plot if you have them
- issue if any with the CVT and how it's holding up
- driving impressions

The biggest concern for most is the looming question of what is the limit of the CVT? How much torque can it handle before it becomes a problem? I am hoping between our testing and other real-world feedback that we can narrow in on an answer for everyone and paint a clearer picture.

Please only share results and impressions if a CVT owner. I do not want to get data from SI's and manual cars mixed in this thread. While I appreciate it this is geared for the CVT cars only.

:feedback:
Sponsored

saiyajin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 Lexus IS250 AWD
definitely be watching this thread, curious before I pull the trigger :thumbsup:

NeoDragons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan EXT
following

HellaBagged

HellaBagged
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Hey everyone,

I am creating this thread to be a database and resource for those that have a CVT equipped car and have a W1 turbo installed or are looking to get one installed.While we have sold most of our 27WON turbo kit upgrades to manual-equipped cars; we have shipped some out to CVT cars both domestically and internationally.

If you are a customer who has purchased and installed a W1 on your CVT car please post below
- where you are from
- driving impressions

The biggest concern for most is the looming question of what is the limit of the CVT? How much torque can it handle before it becomes a problem? I am hoping between our testing and other real-world feedback that we can narrow in on an answer for everyone and paint a clearer picture.

Please only share results and impressions if a CVT owner. I do not want to get data from SI's and manual cars mixed in this thread. While I appreciate it this is geared for the CVT cars only.

following

OceansX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic hatchback sport touring
Hey everyone,

- where you are from
- driving impressions

following

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 CR-V SE, '16 Civic EX, '17 Civic HB ST
Following. I'll post my results in about 1.5 months. My turbo should be coming in by next week.

OP
OP
Vincent@27WON

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
17 HBS, 18 SI, 18 CTR, 14 Ridgeline

Jmandude11

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 gen civic
Hello all,

I am a cvt guy and just installed the 27 won turbo this past weekend. My initial comments... 27 won made a beautiful turbo. I will try to attach a comparison picture of the factory turbo and 27 won's turbo. I was a bit worried with how the installation would go. The instructions could not of been more clear! I did end up breaking a head off of a bolt in the engine block when installing the return oil feed. Luckily it only took about 15 mins to back the stud out.

Performance wise I can already tell a world of a different in the top in where the cvt shines! Pushes you back in the seat all the way to redline. I am waiting for my initial tune to come in. As of right now my installed mods are the 27 won turbo and prl intercooler with upgraded pipes. I am waiting for an intake with a race maf and my prl front pipe and downpipe. If anyone has questions I am willing to give in my 2 cents

11th Gen Honda Civic W1 Turbo on CVT car dyno/test results database 20190615_130606

Overeazy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatch *Sold*

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Hello all,

I am a cvt guy and just installed the 27 won turbo this past weekend. My initial comments... 27 won made a beautiful turbo. I will try to attach a comparison picture of the factory turbo and 27 won's turbo. I was a bit worried with how the installation would go. The instructions could not of been more clear! I did end up breaking a head off of a bolt in the engine block when installing the return oil feed. Luckily it only took about 15 mins to back the stud out.

Performance wise I can already tell a world of a different in the top in where the cvt shines! Pushes you back in the seat all the way to redline. I am waiting for my initial tune to come in. As of right now my installed mods are the 27 won turbo and prl intercooler with upgraded pipes. I am waiting for an intake with a race maf and my prl front pipe and downpipe. If anyone has questions I am willing to give in my 2 cents

20190615_130606.jpg
Are you getting a custom tune or a W1 basemap? Ktuner or Hondata?

Jmandude11

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 gen civic
@hobby-man

I am waiting for my first tune to come out from my tuner. Right now I am using ktuner just a base map nothing specific for the 27 won. I emailed ktuner support and they said you can run any ktune base map with the 27 won. They do advise no long wot pulls. Previously I ran ktuner all the way maxed on all quick adjustments with a bbg. Now i am running bbg 1st gear 16psi and mild ramps and spool rates and cant forget to always check that early spool especially since the new turbo takes about an extra 500rpms to spool. The

Jmandude11

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 gen civic
@Overeazy

The bolt that was removed had an odd 10 marking on it. Not like the graded 10.5 ect but it was a soft breakage rather than a hard snap like you would get from a graded fastener. Not sure if the heat from the block weakened the bolt

Hollywoo0220

Customer Service oriented (most of the time) :-)
First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tank, Lunar Module, and 1990 Diahatsu Charade
@hobby-man

I am waiting for my first tune to come out from my tuner. Right now I am using ktuner just a base map nothing specific for the 27 won. I emailed ktuner support and they said you can run any ktune base map with the 27 won. They do advise no long wot pulls. Previously I ran ktuner all the way maxed on all quick adjustments with a bbg. Now i am running bbg 1st gear 16psi and mild ramps and spool rates and cant forget to always check that early spool especially since the new turbo takes about an extra 500rpms to spool. The
I highly recommend that BBG be tapered (Low to High). In the LOW range of any type of transmission is where the hard stress is present. Although we have not seen a compressor map for the W1, you probably wouldn't wish to go beyond 17-18psi with a CVT and will definitely need 93Oct or higher to run as smooth as possible. You won’t achieve 16psi in 1st as you will be well out of 2nd before that charge reaches it’s peak.
The DP will help keep your torque lower initially down low and The WG will need to somehow be managed precisely to keep you from spiking.
Don’t forget a “catch can” most definitely....
Sponsored