• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

OP
OP
RODSCIVIC

RODSCIVIC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Acura MDX 2016 Focus ST 2018 Si Sedan
I agree it's fake but why is everyone expecting AWD on the Type S?
Sponsored

turbomike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Honda Canda - West, the track, not in your DMs
Vehicle(s)
23 FL5 CTR, 22 MDX-S, 20 FK8 CTR

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X2 M35i
I agree it's fake but why is everyone expecting AWD on the Type S?
Everyone is expecting it as Acura has SH-AWD. The Civic chassis that the Integra will use actually can have AWD. If you look underneath the Civic Sedan and Civic Hatchback you can see that there is a large tunnel where the exhaust system resides so people are expecting that to be where the SHAWD will go to the back wheels. Also another note is so that the Type S has more differentiation from the CTR. Also itā€™s main competitors actually all have AWD as standard so Acura doing it makes sense.

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
F436035C-C971-4715-9B4A-37029AE2CC09.jpeg

Letā€™s stir the pot
Yea I created that. For fun. I'm a graphic designer. I made it for the integra forum just to help stimulate conversation. Literally zero percent based in fact other than my own guesses/hopes based off of TLX features, and current Honda/Acura powertrains. I purposely left off AWD or mentions of the transmissions. IMO, the Type S will have AWD, but it'll be a hybrid setup if it happens. It was just a conversation piece and I posted it with full transparency that it wasn't real, and was just for fun.

Jimi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR 2019
I just ordered a Boost Blue sport Touring hatch in 6 speed today.
Sold my FK8.
Canadian hatch Touring 6 speeds get a different shift knob than the Americans.

11th Gen Honda Civic 2023 Civic Type R Waitlist / Deposit / Reservations List - Check in here! 1C3A78AD-015D-4964-A9E6-1372A97D5006

Last edited:
OP
OP
RODSCIVIC

RODSCIVIC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Everyone is expecting it as Acura has SH-AWD. The Civic chassis that the Integra will use actually can have AWD. If you look underneath the Civic Sedan and Civic Hatchback you can see that there is a large tunnel where the exhaust system resides so people are expecting that to be where the SHAWD will go to the back wheels. Also another note is so that the Type S has more differentiation from the CTR. Also itā€™s main competitors actually all have AWD as standard so Acura doing it makes sense.
Right, I get that. Acura has had SH-AWD for a long time. The RSX Type-S was never AWD, neither was any Integra in the past. I would really be surprised if any Integra variant is SH-AWD. I mean you might be right, but I wouldn't put any money on it.

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X2 M35i
Right, I get that. Acura has had SH-AWD for a long time. The RSX Type-S was never AWD, neither was any Integra in the past. I would really be surprised if any Integra variant is SH-AWD. I mean you might be right, but I wouldn't put any money on it.
Believe it or not but there was once a 3rd Gen Honda Integra that actually had AWD. I found this out recently when I was looking online. Cool little gem not to much talk about.
11th Gen Honda Civic 2023 Civic Type R Waitlist / Deposit / Reservations List - Check in here! A65CD064-F587-4F96-A157-61ACB3A139B1

OP
OP
RODSCIVIC

RODSCIVIC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Believe it or not but there was once a 3rd Gen Honda Integra that actually had AWD. I found this out recently when I was looking online. Cool little gem not to much talk about.
A65CD064-F587-4F96-A157-61ACB3A139B1.jpeg
Yup, Japan has all kinds of Gems.

fredzy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sienna, GR86, FL5
I've inquired at a few dealerships in the PA/OH area. I ask whether they will guarantee MSRP if I put a deposit down. The dealer closest to me - a very big one - has stated that they mark up all Type R's at least $5k, their LE was marked up "a LOT and still sold quickly" and wouldn't commit anything on the new Type R, probably because the guy I was talking to didn't know anything about it.

All dealers seem to be confused when I talk about "the new Type R coming next year," which is understandable. One dealer said "They will not be making the vehicle in 2022" which I suppose is true if you missed that I was asking regarding the new Type R based on the 2022 Civic hatchback.

Several others just don't get back to me after an initial "let me see."

I'm hoping higher volume local production can temper the problem but it's not looking good to me. I see that there is no "ordering" a car with Honda, or even Acura. A special sales system like Ford is trying to do with Bronco to prevent egregious markup would be awesome to see, but is clearly wishful thinking.

Scruffy

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 CRT
Just put a deposit down today and locked in price of $5k over msrp. Since we donā€™t know the actual price that seemed to be the best I could do. But also seeing base model civics and accords selling for $4k over msrp, I think I got a good deal!

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Civic DX, 16 EXT Civic Coupe
Good to know! I contacted my local dealer and the shenanigans have already started. They said it will have a $20k markup :doh: the price of living in So Cal with idiots.
Anyone who pays nearly $60k for a regular Type R, has too much money and is an idiot.

fredzy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sienna, GR86, FL5
One more knowledgeable dealer I talked to thinks the new Type R will come late in 2022, which is plausible. The Honda press release only says the new Type R will be "introduced" in 2022, which could be similar to how the Si was just recently introduced, but we won't see many until next year.

On that note, I had one dealer deflect my Type R inquiry by tempting me with their Si coming in Dec or Jan for only $3000 over MSRP :rolleyes:

Like @Scruffy mentioned, yeah, $5k doesn't look so bad for one of the first CTRs out of the factory. Particularly if the car will retain that value anyhow. The thought of paying markup still induces an automatic gag reflex in me.

Midnight-VTEC

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DE5 Integra Type S
Wish they would ā€œintroduceā€ the car before the end of the year. Itā€™s mostly done just going through fine tuning at this point.

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Honda Acty
I bought my 2020 for MSRP but had to drive 12 hours to get it. I'm going to attempt to buy from the same dealer and the same sales guy again for MSRP.

Already sold my 2020, threw the cash in savings just waiting for it to be released.

The only thing that would change my mind is Acura dropping something crazy on the Type S.
Sponsored