• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Honda Acty
I'm going to call late winter/spring introduction and cars coming to dealers mid summer.

I am thinking something similar as well. They are going to the Si a little time to shine before it's released.

Curious when the Integra Type S will debut and if that has any effect on the R release date.

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
17 HBS, 18 SI, 18 CTR, 14 Ridgeline
I know we are still months away but has anyone talked to their dealer about getting the new Type R?
Put a deposit down a few weeks ago for ours.

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Honda Acty
I went ahead and put a deposit down too. I'm locked in at MSRP. Have to drive 15hrs there and back but on the way back hitting Tail of the Dragon! La fiebre!

Fly there? Probably cheaper and way faster.

loslalane

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
If you are getting the R just hold your current car. Trading this close you'll waste thousands of dollars.
If I can get the 22 si @ MSRP and trade my 2020 in @ 28500 I'll be good though. Market is cray cray as you know ? .

Boostez

Samurai
First Name
Marlin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type-R; 03' EVO;
I bought my 2020 for MSRP but had to drive 12 hours to get it. I'm going to attempt to buy from the same dealer and the same sales guy again for MSRP.

Already sold my 2020, threw the cash in savings just waiting for it to be released.

The only thing that would change my mind is Acura dropping something crazy on the Type S.
Why would you buy a new car only to sell it months later for the next iteration? There is no way people can keep up with getting the latest and greatest every year. Might as well lease.

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Honda Acty
Why would you buy a new car only to sell it months later for the next iteration? There is no way people can keep up with getting the latest and greatest every year. Might as well lease.

I drove the car for a year and a half, paid 38K originally. Sold it to Caravan for over 42K.

Boostez

Samurai
First Name
Marlin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type-R; 03' EVO;
I drove the car for a year and a half, paid 38K originally. Sold it to Caravan for over 42K.
Understood but the car's resale value shouldn't warrant a new one of the same kind right? I paid $43 for mine and it has a lot of dealer options on it. I've had mine for 2yrs now and don't plan on trading it in even if they gave me exactly what I paid for it. What would the difference be such that it's worth getting the 2022? I have an awesome full exhaust from AWE, an excellent tune with upgraded Injen FMIC and full intake system making 345whp/372wtq. It's an incredible machine as it is right now.

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Honda Acty
Understood but the car's resale value shouldn't warrant a new one of the same kind right? I paid $43 for mine and it has a lot of dealer options on it. I've had mine for 2yrs now and don't plan on trading it in even if they gave me exactly what I paid for it. What would the difference be such that it's worth getting the 2022? I have an awesome full exhaust from AWE, an excellent tune with upgraded Injen FMIC and full intake system making 345whp/372wtq. It's an incredible machine as it is right now.

It was a great car but I essentially got paid thousands of dollars to drive and it enjoy it for a year and a half. The profit I made will allow me to get into the new body style for an even better deal than I got on my 2020.

The car allegedly will have small improvements all over. I am definitely looking forward to the all digital gauge cluster and the new infotainment center.

I am also a little sour about Honda allowing the new body Civic to come in Boost Blue on the base model when it was a exclusive color for the Type R.

From the few spy videos that are out the exhaust also seems to be much improved in stock form.
Sponsored