• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

HawaiiPunch

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Elantra N
Yea, Image Honda in Hamilton. The sales rep didn't have much info so msrp is still up in the air, but I did make sure to have that markup discussion.

Yea, Image Honda in Hamilton. The sales rep didn't have much info so msrp is still up in the air, but I did make sure to have that markup discussion.
No shit, that’s where I’ve ordered mine. Meet up is in order when they’re out ?? It will be MSRP, they can’t sell for more in Ontario.

MossEisley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Golf R
No shit, that’s where I’ve ordered mine. Meet up is in order when they’re out ?? It will be MSRP, they can’t sell for more in Ontario.
100% we will have to. That's good to know re: markup they just said, 'no this will be at msrp' but the fact they literally can't markup is reassuring. Can't wait to get this thing on the track next year.

ASIMO Assassin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing interesting right now
Checking in from BC, Canada.

I put my name on a waitlist at my local dealer a while ago. They haven't asked me for a deposit yet, but I check in with them frequently to see if there are updates. I think once they get more details they will ask me for one.

I really wanted to get an absolute legend of a manual car before they go extinct. My short list was interesting to say the least; I cross shop bizarre combinations of cars, lol. I was bouncing between the M3, CT4-V Blackwing, Golf R, and the Cayman GTS 4.0. At the end of the day, practicality struck off the Porsche, reliability removed the Cadillac, the rubbery shifter took out the BMW, and the VW is far too bland (plus people really hate that touch sensitive steering wheel!).

The current Type-R has perhaps the best seats of anyone, and the shifter is only rivaled by Porsche and maybe the Tremec in the GT350/Mach 1. The fact that it has 4 doors, Honda's innate obsession of functionality and reliability, and a price tag that won't break my bank account; makes it an easy choice really.

I am fairly convinced the new one is going to be one of the best drivers cars ever made. The recent raving reviews of the manual hatchback and Si definitely support my view.

Anyway, nice to meet everyone!

sLing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
What is this MSRP you speak of

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Honda Acty
those putting deposits, how much mark up did you agree to? Also any dealers selling for msrp?

My plan will be just like when I bought my 2020.

Email/call every dealer within 12 hours of my house. Drive to the first one that will sell for MSRP.

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
My plan will be just like when I bought my 2020.

Email/call every dealer within 12 hours of my house. Drive to the first one that will sell for MSRP.
I plan to do the same once its officially unveiled with a release window. Let us know if you find a dealer selling for msrp.

Timmmmmm13

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3 2014
Been dreaming of a type R for the last 4 years, especially after feeling underwhelmed with the new wrx reveal. I called about 10 dealerships around the Chicagoland area. Half said they wouldn't take reservations and didn't know if or when they would get a ctr. The rest said they didn't know when but would add a 5-10k market adjustment. Finally found a dealership in countryside taking deposits and making a list. Placed my deposit today, number 3 in line. They said October is an estimate but they really don't know as it supposedly isn't being produced yet. MSRP+ 2500$ In dealer add ons like wheel locks and ceramic coating. Not ideal, but not terribly far for me and somewhat reasonable. Good luck and happy hunting. Now we wait.
Sponsored