• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

us722

First Name
mu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
e46 m3, van
Do we know for sure that 11th gen Type R will be FWD and not AWD?
Sponsored

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Honda Acty
As in… no chance it gets AWD? Is there a press release or source confirming this?

No press, but based on the fact it's being built off the currently released Civic and the leaked photos, it won't be.

If anything the new Integra may offer a Type S and it be AWD.

Last edited:

HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Hatchback Sport
I called like 50 dealers all over ohio and Indiana and have a typeR on hold at almost ever dealer. ????

danvandam19

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Accord 2.0t Sport
I'm in Canada and put my deposit a good month ago. I'm second in line at that dealer.

It's all dealer's rules so call around. One wanted 2K deposit and was vague about length of the list, the other wanted 1K and was transparent.

I'd do my research for US dealers, some had less extreme markups at thousands of dollars instead of 10s of thousands. Dealer here told me they're not allowed to mark up MSRP.
I'm located in Ontario and contemplating of getting into the new Type R (currently owning an Accord 2.0t Sport). Did they mention anything to you in terms of pricing for the new Type R when you put down your deposit at the dealer? Did they give you the option of choosing between manual or quick-shifting dual clutch ?(there are rumors dual clutch might be coming as an option).

HawaiiPunch

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Elantra N
I'm located in Ontario and contemplating of getting into the new Type R (currently owning an Accord 2.0t Sport). Did they mention anything to you in terms of pricing for the new Type R when you put down your deposit at the dealer? Did they give you the option of choosing between manual or quick-shifting dual clutch ?(there are rumors dual clutch might be coming as an option).
No info on pricing, and Honda confirmed there will not be a dual clutch option.

MossEisley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Golf R
They didn't have pricing available to offer. They basically just ask for a cc for the deposit (1k at image Honda) and a copy of your drivers license. They then queue it into their system for Honda Canada.

danvandam19

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Accord 2.0t Sport
Just put my deposit down today. Cannot wait!
Hi, Greetings from
Well, I'm jumping in line. Putting a deposit down with a dealer in Hamilton, Ontario (Sterling Honda). I'm told I'm second in line. Dealer expects 2 or 3 cars allocated from Honda Canada. Planning to trade in my 2019 Accord 2.0T (6sp). Looking forward to a bit more power, a LSD, and the hatch! The Accord is a great car though, I will miss it.
Hi, I am also thinking of getting into the new Type R (currently driving 2021 Accord 2.0t Sport). Do you mind sharing how much deposit you paid to the dealer? Did they guarantee you MSRP without markup? Did they mention anything about options package including a rumored dual clutch transmission? Thanks.

notthatlargo

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
Hi, Greetings from

Hi, I am also thinking of getting into the new Type R (currently driving 2021 Accord 2.0t Sport). Do you mind sharing how much deposit you paid to the dealer? Did they guarantee you MSRP without markup? Did they mention anything about options package including a rumored dual clutch transmission? Thanks.
Deposit was $1,000 at Sterling Honda in Hamilton. The rep I spoke with said they don't add markup. I don't have that in writing, so I am just taking his word for now (I worked with him for my current car purchase and he was good to work with). If the dealer changes their tune, I'll just go elsewhere or hold off, I'm not too worried about it right now. They did not mention any details about the car - honestly I think the people on this forum are more clued in than the average sales rep. He asked for my preference on colours, which I based on prior colour options from the FK8, but that's it for now.

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Honda Acty
I'm curious as to what colors they offer. I wanted BB but now that you can get it on the base model I'll have to get something else. Most likely CW.

HawaiiPunch

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Elantra N
I’ve had the same thought process. BB was great as an exclusive colour, but now I think CW is the way to go. I think the heritage of the colour is part of what makes the Type R really special as well. Unless you really like another colour, I think that a special one such as CW will be the way to go.

typeR4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do sneakers count if I put wheels on them?
I put down my deposit with Oakville Honda. They confirmed it will be MSRP as they claim they're not allowed to mark-up the price. They provided no details, especially since it was a few months ago. I was there second person. $1000 deposit.

Mississauga Honda wanted $2000 at the time and wouldn't say how many had a deposit already.

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Honda Acty
I put down my deposit with Oakville Honda. They confirmed it will be MSRP as they claim they're not allowed to mark-up the price. They provided no details, especially since it was a few months ago. I was there second person. $1000 deposit.

Mississauga Honda wanted $2000 at the time and wouldn't say how many had a deposit already.

Can they add "dealer accessories". A lot here do that to jack up the price.
Sponsored