• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

typeR4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do sneakers count if I put wheels on them?
Can they add "dealer accessories". A lot here do that to jack up the price.
That I'm not sure. But I think they only do that with their inventory. If it's a custom order like how these will be, it should theoretically get delivered in factory form... hopefully.
Sponsored

Jabberwocker

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GRolla CE/Taco/Pilot
That I'm not sure. But I think they only do that with their inventory. If it's a custom order like how these will be, it should theoretically get delivered in factory form... hopefully.
Nope. Wishful thinking but some dealerships will say otherwise. When I was shopping for my si a coupe years back one dealership stated that they came that way from the factory and they couldn’t change it. Which of course was a boldface lie as they had not even received it yet. Of course I knew already the only options from factory were summer tires or not.

Of course you are in Canada so maybe you guys have it differently.

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Honda Acty
I got lucky with my 2020, literally bought it off the delivery truck.

Most dealers here at least do a "paint and fabric protection" which is a joke, any over priced Honda accessory they have in stock on it.

Sunscreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
I got lucky with my 2020, literally bought it off the delivery truck.

Most dealers here at least do a "paint and fabric protection" which is a joke, any over priced Honda accessory they have in stock on it.
Buying it off the truck sounds so nice. Wish that could happen in Cali. I gotta start figuring out which out of state area I should call to put down a deposit. Because I am definitely not getting anywhere near MSRP in California.

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Honda Acty
Buying it off the truck sounds so nice. Wish that could happen in Cali. I gotta start figuring out which out of state area I should call to put down a deposit. Because I am definitely not getting anywhere near MSRP in California.

I just looked up and emailed every dealer within 12 hours of my house on Honda's dealer locator. I ended up driving 10 hours but the dealer sold for MSRP.

Last edited:

turbomike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Honda Canda - West, the track, not in your DMs
Vehicle(s)
23 FL5 CTR, 22 MDX-S, 20 FK8 CTR
Can they add "dealer accessories". A lot here do that to jack up the price.
I know in Western Canada some Toyota dealers add 3M and PPF on their showroom supra .....

psyborg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Reserved a CTR in northern Canada. Going to be a DD so I'm probably going to have to put a block heater in it. I'm hoping the new fender doesn't need to be drilled into, but cest la vie.
I originally owned a 2021 CTR and traded in for an Si because of the climate. After driving the si here I decided there's not that much difference and am making it a year round car (with appropriate protections). Wish me luck.

zeroptzero

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si, 2022 Subaru WRX
There needs to be a revolt in the U.S., if dealers jacked up plain old Civics they will really try to screw customers over for the CTR. It needs to be like Canada where dealers are restricted from predatory pricing. We do get dealer options added to jack up the price here , but at least you are getting something for the extra cost, and it still has to be reasonable at the end of the day, they can't charge you $1000 for winter mats, lol. Dealer add-ons can average $500 but you aren't getting hosed on the purchase price. Good luck to all of the CTR owners who get one this year, it is looking like a great car, lets see how the powertrain comes out, anxious to hear the specs.

mills_\nm/

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HRV
Are the new CTR's going to be a limited production? Can't we order it to our specifications (like in the past)? Or, is this specifically because everyone want to be the first to receive their R? Just wondering.

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
On USA models, the ONLY Factory Option is color - everything else is dealer installed (or provided) accessories.
Vehicles are allocated to a dealer, they can request but can't "order" vehicles. There're lots of dealer to dealer trades to get the model and color the buyer wants.

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Honda Acty
On USA models, the ONLY Factory Option is color - everything else is dealer installed (or provided) accessories.
Vehicles are allocated to a dealer, they can request but can't "order" vehicles. There're lots of dealer to dealer trades to get the model and color the buyer wants.

What sucks is a lot of dealers will not sell one with out all the BS addons. Took me a while to find my 2020 with no markups or add ons.

TypeSiR

First Name
Car Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, CTR, MX-5, Fit
There needs to be a revolt in the U.S., if dealers jacked up plain old Civics they will really try to screw customers over for the CTR. It needs to be like Canada where dealers are restricted from predatory pricing. We do get dealer options added to jack up the price here , but at least you are getting something for the extra cost, and it still has to be reasonable at the end of the day, they can't charge you $1000 for winter mats, lol. Dealer add-ons can average $500 but you aren't getting hosed on the purchase price. Good luck to all of the CTR owners who get one this year, it is looking like a great car, lets see how the powertrain comes out, anxious to hear the specs.
No, man. US dealers aren’t shady like that. Floor mats will be free as long as you’re OK with the $15000 “Market Adjustment” clearly identified on the window sticker. You are welcome to the free coffee and donuts as well.