• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Jabberwocker

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GRolla CE/Taco/Pilot
This seems like just another way for Honda to market to you. I doubt you’re gonna get any other information than what you’d be able to find here or anywhere else or by calling a dealership we’re not gonna get put in the queue I wouldn’t probably waste your time with this.

By checking this box and clicking “Sign Me Up,” I agree to receive autodialed calls with additional information and relevant offers from American Honda Motor Co., Inc., and participating dealers at the phone number provided above (consent not required to make a purchase). I also agree to receive marketing emails from participating dealers.

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Honda Acty
Eh, used my email I use for most spam related stuff. We'll see what shows up.

If we truly can't buy until the end of the year I am not sure I can wait. I have already started looking at other cars (Supra, used C6) as I am jonesin for a fun fast daily.

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Eh, used my email I use for most spam related stuff. We'll see what shows up.

If we truly can't buy until the end of the year I am not sure I can wait. I have already started looking at other cars (Supra, used C6) as I am jonesin for a fun fast daily.
I'm looking at Elantra N. My GTI trade in is so high, kinda want to sell it now. The Elantra does everything I want and low 30k for a manual. Unfortunately there are markups currently.

Sil98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Type R, '08 Kia Sorento, '03 WRX, '97 Del Sol Si, '90 Supercharged TA
I got that email also and responded to it. Then i got a good laugh this morning.

A Honda dealership "salesman" called me asking if i was interested in the new Type R. Told him i might be. They require a $1,000 deposit just to get on the list. I asked him what their price was going to be. He informed me that "These cars are rare, may only be 400 made. So the price will be $50,000 - $70,000."

Yeah, not happening. Said i wasn't interested at those prices. And i didn't have the heart to tell him Type R production had to be approaching 50,000 units by now.

This was in Utah where all the Honda dealers had $5,000 - $10,000 mark ups when i bought my Type R (out of state) in 2018.

Last edited:

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Honda Acty
I'm looking at Elantra N. My GTI trade in is so high, kinda want to sell it now. The Elantra does everything I want and low 30k for a manual. Unfortunately there are markups currently.

Sold my 2020 Type R for that reason. Paid MSRP, sold for over 42K.

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
[QUOTE="Jabberwocker,...] This seems like just another way for Honda to market to you. ...[/QUOTE]

Used this type Honda e-mail, refusing the "salesperson call me" option, to set myself up for our '12 Si. My salesperson e-mails me every year or so but otherwise NO HASSLING. If you don't follow X or XI this is a good source of info. I'm waiting.

Last edited:

ASIMO Assassin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing interesting right now
Placed a down deposit at my dealer in BC Canada 1000$ down on CC to hold a place to order when available, 3rd person in line at my dealer. No model codes or anything to put money onto, just sitting in accounts receivable so when dealer requests the car and Honda Canada asks for proof of money down its already there. Goes to show how hyped without any actual release yet haha, 5 colours available apparently in Canada, crystal black pearl, ralley red, boost blue, championship white, and phoenix yellow. No info still though about MSRP or delivery date by dealer, one rep says April at earliest to June where as I've heard from another not till the 4th quarter of this year like the how the SI released. heard from another Honda tech that a rumour the pricing is gonna be 48,600 MSRP CAD$
Interesting how dealer policies for deposits vary so much. Right now I am 1st in line at my dealer in the Vancouver area, but they still haven't asked me for a deposit yet. I've even offered a few times.

Kind of happy there is more than just the red, white and black options at launch like last time. Phoenix yellow would be pretty cool, but I'd really like a Boost Blue. My heart skips a beat every time I see a Type-R in that colour.

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Honda Acty
Interesting how dealer policies for deposits vary so much. Right now I am 1st in line at my dealer in the Vancouver area, but they still haven't asked me for a deposit yet. I've even offered a few times.

Kind of happy there is more than just the red, white and black options at launch like last time. Phoenix yellow would be pretty cool, but I'd really like a Boost Blue. My heart skips a beat every time I see a Type-R in that colour.

I love BB as well, but Honda ruined it allowing the base model to be sold in that color. I now see them all the time.

rileyj98

First Name
Riley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic coupe

As per why they haven't asked for a deposit is cause of there being no model number or anything to attach your money to, it would just be sitting in accounts receivable until honda releases it for order, so there is no actual requirement at this point in time for any money down.
I personally put the 1k down as they requested it, being I am only 23 years old.

hpph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TL
I was asked yesterday by a car enthusiast friend if we can pre order a new gen type r now. I confidently said no....
But today, I see this thread....

I am also interested in this new gen type r. Just curious, since there is no exterior color information released so far, do you guys select color along with your pre order?

HawaiiPunch

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Elantra N
I was asked yesterday by a car enthusiast friend if we can pre order a new gen type r now. I confidently said no....
But today, I see this thread....

I am also interested in this new gen type r. Just curious, since there is no exterior color information released so far, do you guys select color along with your pre order?
There is nothing available as far as confirmed information other than the fact that the car is coming out eventually. You can put a deposit down at your dealership to reserve one when they come out (which is what most of us have done), but that’s about it.

hpph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TL
There is nothing available as far as confirmed information other than the fact that the car is coming out eventually. You can put a deposit down at your dealership to reserve one when they come out (which is what most of us have done), but that’s about it.
Is this deposit refundable?

HawaiiPunch

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Elantra N
Is this deposit refundable?
It absolutely should be. Never put down a non-refundable deposit on something like this.

As far as through my dealer, I was told that I would be able to refund up until 1 month after taking possession.

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Honda Acty
Most dealers are doing it so you get in line to buy the first one they get.
Sponsored