• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

s2ktypeR

First Name
matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
My current car will be payed off in 3 years. With waiting hopefully the market will sell me one at Msrp like my last type R I got in 2018.
Sponsored

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
Welp, I just put down another deposit on a dealership in Indiana (fairly close to the Honda plant). I'm 11th in line and they have sold more than 15 Type R over 2 years. And I'm pretty hopeful that my number will get lower as people give up on waiting or get the color they don't want.

This time around, they promised that they will do MSRP and just sent me a confirmation on the pricing that they will sell it to me with MSRP w/o add-ons or markups.

So this is all I can do at the moment. Feel good about the price and pray people will ditch out from the waiting list. And.... the wait goes on!
Man, it benefits to live in certain areas I guess. Hard to believe dealerships are confirming cost when the vehicle hasn’t even been revealed yet. I’ve called more dealerships than I can count and not a single one is willing to put people on a list or take deposits on a car that basically doesn’t exist yet. Feels like I’m in a alternate universe lol. I keep reading all these comments about lists and down payments, but as far as I can tell, nothing like that is happening here.

Rhorn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 , Civic Type R
Man, it benefits to live in certain areas I guess. Hard to believe dealerships are confirming cost when the vehicle hasn’t even been revealed yet. I’ve called more dealerships than I can count and not a single one is willing to put people on a list or take deposits on a car that basically doesn’t exist yet. Feels like I’m in a alternate universe lol. I keep reading all these comments about lists and down payments, but as far as I can tell, nothing like that is happening here.
I think the people who are doing that already have established connections or know the dealerships to hit up because of Social media/friends. One problem going in blind is that some dealerships never even received a Type R allocation. So knowing which ones that had is a plus. You can also lurk the list on the 10th gen Civics website.

The problem Im having is to place a deposit and get on a 30+ waitlist which I don't see myself ever getting the car, or just waiting until the cars start to trickle in and just hope I can find one at a dealership. Area does definitely play a part. I know of people who struggled to find a GT350R and currently struggling for a GT500 in the DFW area. I lived in Massachusetts when I got mine and lived in a small town along the border. I was able to get mine from a small dealership in New Hampshire. I found one car in Pennsylvania but passed on it because it didn't have the options I wanted

For these types of cars you really have to plan to travel some distance to get it, and heavily rely on the community to help if you are going at it rouge. I just made a new account here and have been lurking to see if I can get any intel. From what I have been told its pretty guaranteed ADMs here in Florida unfortunately.

It does suck no doubt. and is a painful process. Its hard enough but the COVID situation honestly just makes it even worse

Village911

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 #839
Hint: I made a deposit to an out-of-state dealership that does a lot of out-of-state deliveries (usually they have trained DMV guys in-house).

I will have no chance of getting this vehicle in Socal, which is where I live. I know one Honda dealer in Socal, we built quite a good relationship over the few months but I can tell he is afraid of going MSRP on Type R since he knows it's worth more in Socal and is confident to find dozens of people who are willing to pay 4k-8k markups.

So, consider buying a car like this out of state. No need of traveling long distance since these days in big dealership, they have an internet sales team that are very responsive and experienced. It's not the old days when you plan a trip to buy a car from different states... they will drop your brand new wrapped car at your door. Save some time and energy because you will need a lot of them when you get your car!

Or work harder and pay markups, be done with the hassle XD

Kyofu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3 GT
Just spoke with the sales director at my local dealership (I'm in the Montreal area in Canada). Apparently I'd be the first one in line but they're a relatively smaller dealership that expects only 1 per year (maaaaybe 2 every now and then). So far this is how they've described the ordering process:
- Place $500 refundable deposit for place in line
- Once details/pricing is announced we can discuss options/colours/pricing
- Once orders/allocations open, they would place my "order" with Honda Canada.

I presume the last step is more of a "here's our preference" more so than an exact order. Either way this is good news for me. I'll likely pass on the first Type R they get in anyways since it'll likely be too early for when I plan on buying (I'm aiming for early 2024), but at least it'll mean I'm first in line for whenever I'm ready!

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
Well, today I called 28 dealerships in my local area around DFW and beyond, and not a single one had a waitlist, reservation system, or people putting down-payments down. Not a single one. And I’d say out of about half that I called, the managers said they hadn’t had more than a few inquiries anyway.

And not only did none of the dealerships have any of these things in place, but they all specifically said that they wouldn’t begin anything like that until they had inventory lists or allocations in place.

So while some definitely live in areas where every dealer is doing reservations or have waitlists 40 deep, it definitely isn’t here. I’m only saying this to prove a point to people who keep claiming that, everywhere is going to have crazy waitlists or that all the cars already have deposits on them. I’m sure that will change as time goes on and we get closer to actual release, but for now, not so much.

I guess California and the Midwest are crazy but not here, as far as I can tell.

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Well, today I called 28 dealerships in my local area around DFW and beyond, and not a single one had a waitlist, reservation system, or people putting down-payments down. Not a single one. And I’d say out of about half that I called, the managers said they hadn’t had more than a few inquiries anyway.

And not only did none of the dealerships have any of these things in place, but they all specifically said that they wouldn’t begin anything like that until they had inventory lists or allocations in place.

So while some definitely live in areas where every dealer is doing reservations or have waitlists 40 deep, it definitely isn’t here. I’m only saying this to prove a point to people who keep claiming that, everywhere is going to have crazy waitlists or that all the cars already have deposits on them. I’m sure that will change as time goes on and we get closer to actual release, but for now, not so much.

I guess California and the Midwest are crazy but not here, as far as I can tell.
That’s awesome, nice work. Now its all about keeping up to speed on when allocations are getting set. Will post when i find anything changes up here.

jian9007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 CBP Civic EX Sedan

Agreed. I'm in the DFW area as well and my dealer isn't doing anything either, and I have bought 4 new Hondas from them since the end of 2015, and my father has bought 3 in that time and my daughter has bought 2. So we are considered good customers and yet nothing on the Type R. Also the last time when the 10th gen Type R came out and they had a few, they told me that they didn't even set a price and waited for people to offer them amounts above MSRP and they would take the highest one. And that was before we were in these crazy times we are now where dealers are charging above MSRP for regular vehicles that aren't even limited or considered specialty cars.

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
Agreed. I'm in the DFW area as well and my dealer isn't doing anything either, and I have bought 4 new Hondas from them since the end of 2015, and my father has bought 3 in that time and my daughter has bought 2. So we are considered good customers and yet nothing on the Type R. Also the last time when the 10th gen Type R came out and they had a few, they told me that they didn't even set a price and waited for people to offer them amounts above MSRP and they would take the highest one. And that was before we were in these crazy times we are now where dealers are charging above MSRP for regular vehicles that aren't even limited or considered specialty cars.
And the fact that someone would go along with that boggles my mind. I would straight walk out if they did that…I don’t care how much leg work I would have to do or how far I would have to go…

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
And as we wait….used 2021’s with <15k miles are going for $50k on carmax….

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Honda Acty
And yet, people in this forum will still get a type R XD

You still havent bought a lexus or m3 yet? LOL

At MSRP they are totally worth it, but 50K plus no way.

I am still looking, lol. Drove a few Lexus but they are just do not have the power for what they cost. I'd love a BMW but not wanting to get back into a German car with all the maintenance issues.

I am actually going looking at a Delsol or CRZ to get me by until the R drops.

Village911

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 #839
At MSRP they are totally worth it, but 50K plus no way.

I am still looking, lol. Drove a few Lexus but they are just do not have the power for what they cost. I'd love a BMW but not wanting to get back into a German car with all the maintenance issues.

I am actually going looking at a Delsol or CRZ to get me by until the R drops.
Ahhhh It looks like you're on your way back to Type R ;)

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Honda Acty
Ahhhh It looks like you're on your way back to Type R ;)

I am just so torn. It seems the odds of getting one for MSRP are getting very slim, so I hate to wait another 6 months only to have to buy something else when I could have bought something this whole time.
Sponsored