• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Weird sound coming from front of the car on full lock when turning?

joerefunds

First Name
Ayer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Title

I think it’s because it’s cold
but I’m not 100% sure but when I turn the car full lock either right or left it makes a noise kind of like something rubbing on something (brake pad on brake kind of… hard to describe). I can’t remember if this happened when it was warmer out but yeah; was wondering if this is normal for civics? Obviously the car has no trouble turning
Sponsored

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Snow or ice build-up sometimes happens with our '12 SI. Otherwise if car is stock & on stock tires it's not normal.

OP
OP

joerefunds

First Name
Ayer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
No snow or ice here. Just cold (sub 30 in illinois). Been happening since I got the car, everything stock. ‘22 Si

edit: only happens in full lock like i said. if i’m turning almost all the way but not fully locking the steering wheel it won’t happen. turning normally it doesn’t happen either

HawaiiPunch

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Elantra N
Probably just the power steering system at full stress. I’ve had it happen in pretty much every car I’ve driven. Ironically, only my 2012 civic doesn’t do it lol.
Sponsored