• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

What are you willing to pay for an 11th gen Type R?

What are you willing to pay for an FL5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

randomFL5guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Wanted to put up a poll to get a sense of how much folks are willing to pay to get their hands on a Type R.
Sponsored

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
I canā€™t wait to see how many of these Type Rs just sit on the lot because nobody is going to pay a markup šŸ™„ā€¦ psh, they will be gone before you can even think about it.

OP
OP

randomFL5guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
I canā€™t wait to see how many of these Type Rs just sit on the lot because nobody is going to pay a markup šŸ™„ā€¦ psh, they will be gone before you can even think about it.
I'm just very skeptical that there are 4000+ Americans who are willing to pay over $60,000 for one of these, but maybe I'm wrong. Time will tell I guess.

Obscure_Worship

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Honda Civic
I'm just very skeptical that there are 4000+ Americans who are willing to pay over $60,000 for one of these, but maybe I'm wrong. Time will tell I guess.
People spend stupid money on stupid things all the time. I sell high end instruments. People buy High School kids 12k saxophones and tubas that cost 16k when they could spend 3k or 6k. You can't predict someone else's priorities or willingness to spend.

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
I think everyone will talk about how crazy this is, and then when the car comes out, everyone will talk about it being impossible to find themā€¦because despite the craziness, people want the car. End of story.

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Good luck to all of you.

With FK8s be out there for 45++.... I have a hard time not seeing at least that amount or more.

Shiba Speed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
4,000+ Americans like this person who agreed to a 2022 Civic Hatch for $55k. I imagine people get overly fixated on the monthly payment...

ElpacoSV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EJ6 ; Civic FK7G4
And now we know why dealers have mark ups...beacause WE are willing to pay them. WE are keeping the markups alive

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
And now we know why dealers have mark ups...beacause WE are willing to pay them. WE are keeping the markups alive
Welcome to earthā€¦this has been going on as long as Iā€™ve been alive, and will keep going on, forever. This will never stop, so maybe we can move on from the idea that somehow people will stop wanting something and paying for it.

CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, LS Swapped FC3S
The people paying markups on common models of cars are completely different from the enthusiasts paying markups on the Type R. This could be a rare and limited run of one of the few remaining drivers cars (that a normal person can purchase at least) before everything turns hybrid or electric.

We know that the market will get better for the mass-produced models ASAP but with limited trim levels like the Type R there isn't that certainty.

citrus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CZ4A, Abarth 500, ZZW30, ND2 RF
I'm willing to pay 50k out-the-door, so that's probably about 5k on top before taxes.

jinnrice

First Name
Jin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic type R champion white
I wish you will be correct but how stock is and how horrible the economy is. People with money will pick these up rarely quickly.

SnoopstaR

First Name
Snoop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
I feel so lucky being in the UK. No authorized dealers add a markup. Not sure they are even allowed to do that here.