• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

What imperfection you see in the FL5?

jarielctr

First Name
Jariel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8 FL5
I see many imperfection under the rear spoiler in the trunk area probable a manufacturer problem.
Sponsored

TDC50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Type R, C7 Corvette Grand Sport, Alfa Gulia
Seat squeak appears to be the most widespread problem. Relatively minor but doesn’t create the best image of the car when ‘guests’ are given a ride.

CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, LS Swapped FC3S
Some very slight rattles but the temps in my area are 40ish degrees so I'm willing to give it a pass considering the suspension is pretty stiff.

Thankfully no seat squeak yet for me and I'm at almost 1000 miles and my car was part of the second wave.

tuhroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK8, 13 ISF, 95 K20 EG8, 98 ITR, 95 EG8, 23 FL5
i have had a buzzing in my dash from the center around 4-5k rpm...it's not horrible, but i can't really think of anything that has really stood out yet as being an imperfection, i'm sure something will

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
No garage door opener buttons on the rear view mirror. Minor inconvenience but still.
Honda has scaled that back sadly. Models that once came with it... Like a CR-V EX-L, no longer do.

I guess with smart homes at this point it is easy to get around but still.

Icehawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CTR #3177
Oh, I thought it had the Homelink stuff? I don't need it but figured it was part & parcel. Guess it's with the heated front seats!

CTRifecta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Heated seats and steering wheel would have been nice. Probably saving that for the type S though

Rad Ray

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Minors but could be better re: battery placement, window water channels, no spare tire, annoying fake engine sounds, limited color choices, no rear seat delete option, sissy horn, random dash rattles, different colored front and rear seats, lack of rear USB ports and air vents, glass light tint too light, thin paint (but better than past), oil filter placement, front seat rails, often vague owners manual, overly complex cruise control, nonlocking glove box and center console, small rear seat cup holders, lack of third person rear seating, & weak exhaust note
Sponsored

Last edited: