• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

What We Know So Far... Visually

11GenImUnsure

First Name
11thGen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Feet
So. Its time for 11th gen. Spy shots are being released, unveilings are scheduled, and we are all wondering to what the next model might look like. I want to share this photo I found off of Reddit by a great user who snapped a pic of what is assumed to be an 11th gen Civic in disguise.
11th Gen Honda Civic What We Know So Far... Visually 1605332570920

I think you all will agree with me in that we cannot quite ascertain the overall appearance of the next heir to throne. From here, I personally see lots of Audi [S, RS] A3 accentuations, particularly with the upper ridge formation right beneath the windows. Thanks to the black tape we can also gather hints about the sizing and shaping of the doors. It seems that Honda may be moving into a "coupe" style door design as there is merely much trim above the windows. Very excited for Tuesday, the 17th - I'm sure you all are too. Please add to this post, lets discuss our predictions prior to unveiling date.
Sponsored

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
I'm actually a fan (from what we've seen) of the front end, much more than the rear.... The sedan taillight design looks like a last gen sonata or corolla. The hatchback fixes that with the full width bar (assuming it's actually a full width taillight and not some type of integrated 3rd brake light), which could still be compared to the Kia Stinger, but id rather that than a sonata or corolla. The overall back bumper shaping speaks less audi and VW to me... the placement of the reflectors, the simplicity and roundness of the back end screams VW Jetta.

Sadly, if they'd kept the coupe on the menu I think the new front end would've made for a very mature and sleek coupe design... I'm just hoping that they add some sporty bits to the hatch to make it worthy of replacing the coupe as the sporty option... everything we've seen so far lacks the roof and rear deck spoilers that the 10th gen hatch has, and it really degrades the hatchback, IMO, from sporty hatch into wagon territory, no thanks to the added 3rd rear window which I'm hoping is smaller than it appears in the patent images. Hoping sport/Si trims will bring back some of these spoiler options, or at least be on the books as accessory options to add for a few hundred bucks.

Overall, I think honda's decision to visually elongate the hood and raise the nose up helps the proportions of the side view. It appears they also pulled the A pillars back slightly to help do this. The addition of full LED headlights was pretty much required if honda wanted to keep pace with competition AND get the Safety ratings they want. The new LED signature is clean and crisp. It's a shame the back end still uses a combo setup with halogen turn signals and brake lights paired to the LED tails.

I think the biggest spot where the 11G could shine or be a let down is the interior... they need meaningful updates to the tech over the 10G.... many other competitors in this class are offering fully digital instrument clusters, and 10" infotainment screens. Again, I think having a mature but sporty feel, along with some meaningful tech updates will elevate the civic so that it stays top of the class for the next 5-6 years. Outward styling is subjective, but if the interior tech and finish stumbles... it'll be 2012MY all over again.