• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

What's the difference between Ktuner 1.2 and v2.0?

jjtheprince

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Sedan
I'm a n00b to this & was wondering what the big differences were other than price? Just trying to figure out which would be best.
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
So you don’t need a laptop for V2 at all?
Nope. The only time you need a computer is to load the tunes from your PC to the V2 unit. Not having a laptop, the V2 was the way to go for me. I love it.

MeanGreenSi

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si, 2018 Honda Accord Sport
Nope. The only time you need a computer is to load the tunes from your PC to the V2 unit. Not having a laptop, the V2 was the way to go for me. I love it.
Does it come preloaded with the base maps or do you have to load those also?

Gotch

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si Blaze Orange
Sorry to drag up older thread... v2, does it need wifi/internet to lock to vehicle?

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
With the V2, you simply plug it in to the OBD-II port and it will ask if you want to lock it to your ECU. Once you do that you take the unit inside and start using the PC software. You will need internet to register your unit and of course to get your ECU's factory tune uploaded from KTuner's servers.

Gotch

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si Blaze Orange
Thanks! I’ll make sure to read up on the KTuner help files as well. Looking at getting one next week.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Do both types of units have to stay plugged in, or can you flash the computer, unplug, and use the new maps without the unit being plugged in?

cekIV

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Just saw this thread. With V2, can you monitor things "live"? And with V1.2, do you have to download the info to your laptop and then monitor, or can you also monitor things "live" with your laptop hooked up? I have a laptop, but am just wondering if there are more benefits of convenience to having the V2 screen.
Sponsored