• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Windshield replacement

makiri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sport Touring
Long story short I have a broken windshield, I was going through my insurance and they referred me to Safelite. It has been about a month and a half and they have no idea when they will get an OEM windshield. I called a few local dealers, same thing, everything is massively backordered. I was thinking of just going with the best available replacement from Safelite but I wanted to see if anyone else had experience. I have a Sport Touring so it has active cruise and auto windshield wipers. Has anyone replaced their windshield with non-OEM and had any issues with the technology stuff?
Sponsored

sgtmorph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Sport Hatchback (BB)
Long story short I have a broken windshield, I was going through my insurance and they referred me to Safelite. It has been about a month and a half and they have no idea when they will get an OEM windshield. I called a few local dealers, same thing, everything is massively backordered. I was thinking of just going with the best available replacement from Safelite but I wanted to see if anyone else had experience. I have a Sport Touring so it has active cruise and auto windshield wipers. Has anyone replaced their windshield with non-OEM and had any issues with the technology stuff?
Happened to us with the wife’s 2019 Honda Passport. Safelite used aftermarket glass, couldn’t calibrate, 2nd try aftermarket again, no dice!👎🏻
I called my insurance and had him step in bc I was getting pissed now. I demanded OEM and luckily it was only 2 weeks and it came, they installed, and calibrated perfect. 🤦🏻‍♂️

They need to learn, aftermarket glass is hot garbage!

slayerx02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 FG2 , 2020 FC3
This was on my 10th gen Si but I got an aftermarket windshield replacement through safelite and the Honda sensing camera was calibrated perfectly and worked like normal. Just make sure the aftermarket windshield they use is acoustic glass like the OEM windshield.

jsocks014

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Nissan Titan Pro-4x
I’ll find out Monday how Safelite does. Have to drive in because they said they can’t replace the windshield with a mobile tech. If they do actually have the glass my wait will be exactly 1 week. I’ve found aftermarket glass in the past to be junk. Had 3 of them warp on my 8th gen back glass but fingers crossed. The OEM glass on the 11th gen is trash so not losing sleep over going aftermarket
Sponsored