• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

WTB OEM TYPE R SHIFTER

Johnny_Ek

First Name
Johnny
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 civic si 97 civic hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Ended up just ordering it new and paying the 26$ shipping

Last edited:

Alphaskoom

First Name
David
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Civic Coupe Sport
i think the new ones are only about 35 bucks direct from Honda - don't know if there's anything else you must do to convert a non type R to a type R shifter, but some factory parts are quite cheap

OP
OP
Johnny_Ek

Johnny_Ek

First Name
Johnny
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
i think the new ones are only about 35 bucks direct from Honda - don't know if there's anything else you must do to convert a non type R to a type R shifter, but some factory parts are quite cheap
Yeah the problem is all the dealers are closed lol I went on line and it’s like 36$ but shipping is another 25$

Alphaskoom

First Name
David
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Civic Coupe Sport
makes sense, dang I was going to make use of all this free time home to tear down my dash and paint the panels the way i want while i don't need the car, guess i waited too long to pull the trigger on buying the parts i needed

OP
OP
Johnny_Ek

Johnny_Ek

First Name
Johnny
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
makes sense, dang I was going to make use of all this free time home to tear down my dash and paint the panels the way i want while i don't need the car, guess i waited too long to pull the trigger on buying the parts i needed
I feel you I just started ordering some parts but can’t find this shifter other than those parts sites that charge so much for shipping

NHCivicGuy

Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Si
I'd sell you mine so I can go get the 2020 version. PM me what you're willing to pay and I'll see if I can make that work.

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Car(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I'd sell you mine so I can go get the 2020 version. PM me what you're willing to pay and I'll see if I can make that work.
2020 R shifters are officially on back order lol. I was lucky to have found one place who just only got one in yesterday and ordered it.

NHCivicGuy

Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Si
2020 R shifters are officially on back order lol. I was lucky to have found one place who just only got one in yesterday and ordered it.
Yeah I've heard that too. Luckily I'm not in a huge rush at the moment, just have the 2019 version sitting in my shed from my old Si, waiting to go into my 2020.

OP
OP
Johnny_Ek

Johnny_Ek

First Name
Johnny
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
What’s the difference between the two

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
What’s the difference between the two
Shorter throw. Low ass knob height, shorter gate, stiffer spring. Lucky to have found one since they just got backordered and getting mine Monday.

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan, 2005 Toyota Corolla (Sold)
part no for 2020 Type R shifter?

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Oddwayne

Reaction score
Car(s)
19’ Si coupe & 99 ej6
I feel you I just started ordering some parts but can’t find this shifter other than those parts sites that charge so much for shipping
Sure I sell mine,
Shorter throw. Low ass knob height, shorter gate, stiffer spring. Lucky to have found one since they just got backordered and getting mine Monday.
so after installing mine. The spring is not stiffer.