• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
lol boxer rumble... I had my civic sounding that why when one of the spark plug wire went bad. Not a fan.
Lol yeah...

It sounds like a Chevy Beretta

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
for me, best sounding engines are in this order V10, V12, inline 5, inline 6, v8, inline 3, v6 and inline 4 dead last.

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Does anyone have strong thoughts or knowledge on ceramic coatings? I'm trying to educate myself as much as possible so my expectations are realistic and I understand the benefits. I'm basically looking at this like a stronger wax. Any thoughts on wheel coverage or windshield coverage?

Robert.C

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1, DC2-R
Does anyone have strong thoughts or knowledge on ceramic coatings? I'm trying to educate myself as much as possible so my expectations are realistic and I understand the benefits. I'm basically looking at this like a stronger wax. Any thoughts on wheel coverage or windshield coverage?
Strong thoughts? No. But my mechanic, who I've known for many years, recommended PPF over ceramic coating; he believes that it lasts longer and is more effective. Take that as you will!

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
ceramic coating cost over a grand. Its great if you live in a apartment and can't hand wash regularly but if you wash your car regularly and wax least once a year you don't need it imo. If you're not planning to keep your car 10+ years wouldn't bother with ppf or ceramic. Its money you'll never get back.

11GenImUnsure

First Name
11thGen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Feet
Thoughts on coloring the side skits similar to a veloster N?

type r - fix.jpg
It's bound to be done when the car releases, but, I think that in it coming "redless" from the factory says enough about the direction Honda is going with this new generation.

Bar the mirrors, I take the stance that the red accents are a thing of the past (FK8) generation. Gloss black is in.