Sponsored

Search results

  1. Stolen R

    Yeah. It’s difficult to not be at least a little bit paranoid these days, which adds another layer of unnecessary stress (on top of ā€œnormalā€ stress). Cars that are more vulnerable to theft than ever + high levels of societal discontent (especially in cities) = more damaged and stolen cars. It’s...
  2. Stolen R

    Yep. Of course, it really depends on the city and one’s proximity to sketchy areas.
  3. Stolen R

    Nice neighborhoods are not safe either, unless maybe they’re gated. These dudes spread out and scour around, stealing whatever they can that’s in sight.
  4. Scratches on steering wheel

    Well, I haven’t owned my CTR since late May (got an S2000), but the ITS steering wheel material is definitely tougher, which makes sense. They wouldn’t be able to put perforations in it if it’s too soft (because it would stretch further and potentially tear). I had it on my car for about 1.5...
  5. Scratches on steering wheel

    The material they made the stock steering wheel out of feels good but definitely isn’t very durable. I ended up swapping my steering wheel for the ITS wheel. I liked the look and feel of it, the perforations definitely helped reduce hand sweat, AND the material is much more durable. I never had...
  6. I hate seeing posts about Type R's getting stolen. Here are a few good/inexpensive products to keep your car safe!

    Interesting solution. The biggest problem would be getting wives to (cough cough) ahem…erect them.🤣 There’s no way! Looks awkward and they would risk chipping a nail. Winters? No. Just no.
  7. Acura Nexera Vision Concept

    Yep. That’s pretty much exactly what it is. It’s not intended to be a finished, for-production, design. It’s a design language concept which inspirational aspects are taken from and applied to future production cars. All manufacturers do this stuff. BMW is perhaps the most famous for it over the...
  8. Help with identifying ITS ADS.

    Can confirm. I have a DE5 module (from when I had my FL5) sitting here.
  9. Improved Racing CCS Catch Can

    Oooohhh…what a hawt can. I’m gonna need a minute.🄵🤣
  10. Theft

    At least they didn’t get your fake exhaust noise box, @Icehawk šŸ˜‰ Jokes aside, that seriously sucks dude. It pisses me off that we live in a world where we have to constantly watch our backs. And even then, there’s still little we can do (within reason) to truly prevent shit from happening. And...
  11. Build quality issues with OEM carbon fiber spoiler

    There are seams at the 2 junctions between the horizontal and vertical panels (on each end). I don’t see how else they would be able to form this design in one finished piece otherwise. The issue is that the seams are huge in OP’s example. They shouldn’t look like that. I know mine didn’t. I...
  12. Civic Type R FL5 HRC Concept - New Video

    These may be images of the actual stuff that Honda is coming out with, but they’re all renderings my man (including the ā€œdaylightā€ image). If you knew the things I know about marketing images and how they’re made, you’d be absolutely mindblown by the amount of stuff that we look at every day (in...
  13. Civic Type R FL5 HRC Concept - New Video

    She’s pretty, but I’m not sure about her underbite. She probably makes a huge mess at her water dish. Hahaha! I’d have to see it in person. Same thing kinda happened with the 11th gen facelift. In early pics the lower front reminded me of Darth Vader’s mask because of how it juts outward. But...
  14. Build quality issues with OEM carbon fiber spoiler

    Yeah. Not to derail the thread, but the opportunity to get a beautiful, impeccably maintained, AP1 came along. I couldn’t resist. It’s one of those cars I’ve wanted/needed to experience for the last 20+ years, but the timing wasn’t right to get a strictly fun car (and I don’t have the garage...
  15. Build quality issues with OEM carbon fiber spoiler

    Like I said before, I no longer own it. I sold my car about 6 weeks ago (it was time for an S2000), but I have a very clear memory of how it looked. I admired it and cleaned/polished it all the time for nearly 3 years.šŸ˜… Giuseppe be slackin’ on yours.🤣
  16. Build quality issues with OEM carbon fiber spoiler

    As a follow-up, here’s what the box label and Bucci inner label looks like on mine (bought in 2023 direct from a Honda dealership in Missouri). Apparently mine was produced in 2022. Regarding the Honda sticker on the wing, it’s a white sticker (with black print) and clear blue protective tape...
  17. Build quality issues with OEM carbon fiber spoiler

    I still have my OE wing (stored in the box that my CF wing arrived in). I bought it in 2023, so it was a Bucci part. I can take a look in a bit to see if there was a Bucci sticker on the foam wrapper. I still have the CF console cover also. Bought in 2023 (I need to list it for sale) and it came...
  18. Build quality issues with OEM carbon fiber spoiler

    Just to affirm what others are saying : As a former owner of one of these (who spent a lot of time admiring it) I can definitively say that mine DID NOT look like that. Yes, you can see the seams where the carbon sheets meet (as expected), but there weren’t these massive gaps as seen in yours.
  19. Decided to buy Si

    Yep. Being ā€œcar richā€ is definitely a thing and really dumb. My family had a plumbing business and my dad used to hate working at some people’s houses. They’d have very nice, new, vehicles in the driveway, but wanted to be on a payment plan for even just a $100-$200 job!




Top