Sponsored

Search results

  1. What did you do to your FL5 today?

    Ordered rear brake caliper bushings and a clutch damper delete kit from Wunderladen today. I'm kinda skeptical of the caliper bushings, but I'm looking forward to the clutch damper delete. This clutch has always felt a little odd to me coming from my FK8. The release just isn't natural. I've...
  2. What parts from the 2027 are you swapping over

    Yep. Works pretty well. It's a nice frameless design too.
  3. What is Your Favorite Quality of Life Mod and Why?

    100% agree. I did this mod on my FK8 and my FL5.
  4. What parts from the 2027 are you swapping over

    Well shit. Guess I only want the horn then. I followed the Homelink mirror thread. I bought a homelink mirror from an MDX. I didn't have any fitment issues. I'm still not sure why half the people in that thread had problems with securing it. Maybe there are multiple versions of the mirror.
  5. What parts from the 2027 are you swapping over

    Interested in the horn and the USB-C hub. I think Mikstore already sells a USB-C conversion kit, but OEM would be better if it works.
  6. Updated 2027 Civic Type R Gains Sharper Performance, New Meteorite Gray Color, Heated Seats, More Standard Tech; Arriving Soon

    I am probably in the minority, but I’m pretty happy I don’t have an alcantara dashboard. Seems like it would be impossible to clean and I bet it fades in the sun over time. Heated seats are a nice unexpected add, but this isn’t a winter car for me. I’m not sure why they put effort into the brake...
  7. New infotainment update, 77CA-0079-121 -RT60CS1 - R1

    So has anybody in the US been able to get this to show up? I'm very interested in fixing the clock bug. BTW this is off topic a bit, but this forum has started giving me full screen video ads that even cover the menu and start bars at random. If that continues I'll have to find another...
  8. Kazuo_WFC 2025 Civic Type R build

    These are absolutely stunning.
  9. Build quality issues with OEM carbon fiber spoiler

    This is really concerning. With 2 different spoilers having issues it doesn’t seem to be a fluke. I’ve almost bought this spoiler twice. Now I’m not so sure.
  10. MY2027 Paused for Civic Si

    I wonder if the EPA thing is just a scapegoat for uncertainty about tariffs. Si is made in Canada. Trump decided he wanted 50% tariffs on their exports. I don't think anybody wants a $45k Si.
  11. FL5 Track Cooling Experiment: Portable Water Misting the Condenser/Radiator & Intercooler (Data from 99°F Texas HPDE)

    Definitely use distilled water. People ruin their outdoor AC units trying to spray them with hoses during heat waves. It works until calcium carbonate deposits accumulate on the fins of the radiator. Once that happens it’s trash and needs to be replaced.
  12. Chilly's 2025 FL5 Civic Type R Build

    How was the install on the tailgate light? Looks like a ton of panel removal on the instructions I tracked down.
  13. What did you do to your FL5 today?

    Shoutout to @HECTOFL5TYPER for the great deal on these 14R Project Kics lugs. I bought them months ago in anticipation of these wheels. Very happy with the results.
  14. What did you do to your FL5 today?

    After months of searching and three failed attempts, I finally tracked down a set of OEM forged wheels. Got them mounted this morning. I'm a big fan. I've been running +45 Titan7 wheels for years now. I forgot how much better the +60 feels on power. There isn't much torque steer with a +45, but...
  15. Speculations about 2027 timeline, pricing and changes ?

    My best guess based on what they did with the FK8 refresh: - standard Alcantara steering wheel (meh for me. I had to clean mine weekly on the FK8. It got old) - newer head unit software with Google stuff built-in - minor aero/styling changes -broaden the operating range of the ADS system The...
  16. What is everyone using for lug nuts?

    I’ve been using project kics monolith since 2022. I had them on my FK8 and now on my FL5. No rust, but I don’t daily my R.
  17. What did you do to your FL5 today?

    In my experience with direct injected engines, you can't judge the quality of the oil by the color. It turns black almost immediately. It was likely still fine. I'm more curious why you changed the MTF so soon?
  18. DSC Sport Controller Suspension Module

    Are you pedal dancing to keep the TC fully off in all these modes? Or just running with it on?
  19. What did you do to your FL5 today?

    Update on the above: they do not suck! They are mostly made of aluminum, and they store completely flat in the molded slots on the cargo mat. I'm pleased.
  20. The Importance of Carrying a Full Size Matching Spare Wheel & Tire

    You would need to present a quote for repair of the damages caused by the pothole. At a minimum that's a new tire, but I'll be shocked if that wheel isn't also out of balance now. Get reasonable quotes. You can go ahead and get repairs. Then submit your claim. Worst case scenario they determine...




Top