Sponsored

Search results

  1. Beware 15400-RTA-003

    Bought it from Honda dealership today. It is the new "standard"; whatever that means. Clearly the filter industry is shifting.
  2. Beware 15400-RTA-003

    Me too. The staff at my local Honda took umbrage with me questioning the part number. I said that part# is wrong and they borderline yelled at me. Level heads prevailed and they explained that Honda has been changing the sourcing at least twice in the last 6 months. Each change brought a parts...
  3. Beware 15400-RTA-003

    The 15400-R5G-H01 is a genuine OEM engine oil filter manufactured by Mahle for Honda and Acura vehicles. [1, 2, 3] Key Details Manufacturer: Mahle (Made in China) [1, 2] Replaces Older Part Numbers: Supersedes and replaces earlier numbers like 15400-PLM-A02, 15400-RBAF01, and 15400-PR3-014...
  4. Beware 15400-RTA-003

    Good idea This is straight outta Honda (not Compton). Note the new part# and that it was manufactured in China.
  5. Beware 15400-RTA-003

    On the positive side, I returned the set of 3 filters to Amazon without issue. Drove by Honda and picked up an OEM filter which they assured me now has a new part#. Apparently it has changed twice in the last few months.
  6. Beware 15400-RTA-003

    bought a pack of 3 off Amazon https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CWG8JYDS a while back. 3 filters and 3 washers. Washers were not packaged with the filter; just rolling around the shipping box. seems legit but take a look, thx
  7. Has anyone done a DIY fluid film application?

    Today was the first time I lifted up my FL5. Put it on some wheel cribbing and took a look underneath. I was surprised to see most of the under body had sheathing. I knew about the engine under tray but most of the rest is also covered in some kind of material. Can anyone tell me what it is and...
  8. Advice for a first timer

    Basically, lived my whole life in Manhattan without a car. I now am retired and out. I plan on doing my first oil change and transmission flush. Watched a bunch of video, does not look hard. What mistake will a rookie typically make? [FL5] Thx Parts: Redline MTL (still have to get 2 crush...
  9. Genuine Honda Wheels vs "Other"

    Post some pics of the curb rash
  10. Replacing undertray fasteners

    I just found this https://projectaero.com.au/collections/underbody-protection/products/honda-civic-type-r-fl5-bash-plate Key feature is that there are hatches for the oil plug and filter so you do not have to remove the shield at all. anyone using this?
  11. Replacing undertray fasteners

    Hi, Planning my first FL5 oil change. Would like to have spares on hand just in case. Can anyone provide a link for parts kit? Has anyone replaced with more durable hardware (is that even possible)? Thx
  12. 18K Miles In: Quality-of-Life Mods That Made My FL5 Even Better

    Thanks. I did this upgrade today. Really is dramatically different.
  13. My amateur curb rash repair

    First time doing something like this. I decided to go a bit further than just using a black marker so I sanded with 400/600/1000 sadly I couldn't get out some of the deeper nicks. Definitely could have used some filler. Paint: Dupli-Color Wheel Paint, Satin, Black Clear : Rust-Oleum Universal...
  14. The Importance of Carrying a Full Size Matching Spare Wheel & Tire

    I was motivated by this thread to hunt down a full sized stock spare. It took a while. It is a pretty rare item and people are asking outlandish prices for singles. I finally tracked down someone on FB who had 3, sold me one for a reasonable price. I now have a roadside emergency kit that I can...
  15. I hate seeing posts about Type R's getting stolen. Here are a few good/inexpensive products to keep your car safe!

    When I bought my 2025 FL5 I immediately did the following: 1. ODB lock https://vargasturbo.com/product/vtt-obd-lock-odb-port-locking-tool/ 2. Steering wheel/Clutch bar https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07R453BKR 3. Alarm from Viper 4. Front and rear dashcam This year I added a garage. I bought a...
  16. 2025 FL5 instrument cluster issue

    Got the solution. I inadvertently hit cruise control /sigh




Top