• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

📣 2023 Integra Reviews Are In & Very Positive!

zeroptzero

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si, 2022 Subaru WRX
I think the TheStraightPipe guys call it Cliche-Corner... Great technique if you have a forgiving rear suspension that'll come back in-line instead of spinning out (without need of TC, which would sap the fun).

Personally, I couldn't skip the rear end before apex, until I upgraded the rear brakes to match the front. When, rear brakes were weak (front was doing most of the work) I had to brake deep into the turns in-order to keep the momentum going... Still, regardless of what the brakes are doing, a car that's well setup gives options.
Yes that is the name they give to their preferred corner, lol.

I was out bombing around with my Si the other day and hit some big bumps while turning hard in a corner at a pretty good speed. The car soaked up the bumps so well and it didn't miss a beat, I was really impressed how well it handled in sub-optimal conditions.
Sponsored

coo1rim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 civic, 2006 yaris, 2008 rav4, 2012 carmy, 2017 Civic 2.0L 6MT
Seems like 11th springs/shocks are a good fit. Lately, I've come to appreciate stock setup more then aftermarket.... unless you're part of a racing team and have full track access to tweak it.

zeroptzero

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si, 2022 Subaru WRX
Seems like 11th springs/shocks are a good fit. Lately, I've come to appreciate stock setup more then aftermarket.... unless you're part of a racing team and have full track access to tweak it.
A few years back I put some Bilstein coilovers on my Honda S2000, I went with the non-adjustable version rather than the adjustable ones. I figured a fixed suspension perfected by suspension engineers who have access to shock dynos could tune a suspension much better than me messing around with shock settings. I was super happy with the fixed Bilsteins, by far the best suspension I have ever run. I now find that my Si's fixed suspension has a very similar feel to the Bilsteins I ran, you can tell this suspension has been tuned by expert engineers. I love it, not a single complaint, and you could easily make it worse with aftermarket parts.

coo1rim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 civic, 2006 yaris, 2008 rav4, 2012 carmy, 2017 Civic 2.0L 6MT
Hopefully the manufacture keeps the same level of quality when it's time to replace those suspension bits. It'd be piece of mind knowing that manufacture has your back for long term ownership. For regular driving, something that'll handle a pothole will do, but for driving enthusiast it has to be 100% track ready (even if all the hard driving is only on the streets).

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra 6spd A-Spec
Integra commercials are absolutely terrible - i had to say it - they seem to be single handedly destroying their brand.
The commercials with Vince? The commercial comments on YouTube are all positive.

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
The commercials with Vince? The commercial comments on YouTube are all positive.
Yes, the urban hip appeal. Its like they are targeting 20-25 year old hip hop artists instead of the 25-35 year olds and 40-50 that fell in love with the original. Really cheapens the brand. They should be focusing on performance, elegance and refinement instead of being the next fad.

Last edited:

wilbur_the_goose

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Coupe Touring, '14 BMW 328i Sport Line
The threads on Integra forums aren't that great. Complaints about no spare tire, no navigation, no HomeLink, etc. Seems that the Civic Sport Touring/Touring are better appointed than an "A-Spec".

wilbur_the_goose

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Coupe Touring, '14 BMW 328i Sport Line
It seems like there are alot of corporate owned Acura dealerships. The one I'm buying from doesn't charge over msrp even on their TypeS models. You can call around to find one. I know of 3 within 100 miles or so from me that are MSRP only.
How does a person determine if a dealer is owned/operated by Acura corporate? I didn't think auto manufacturers owned or operated any dealerships.

staylurkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 CBP Si Coupe
Yes, the urban hip appeal. Its like they are targeting 20-25 year old hip hop artists instead of the 25-35 year olds and 40-50 that fell in love with the original. Really cheapens the brand. They should be focusing on performance, elegance and refinement instead of being the next fad.
Vince Staples is one of the most critically acclaimed hip hop artist in this generation. Hip Hop is the most popular genre in the US (go look up streaming numbers). He's also from Southern California which ties into the subculture that the Integra is synonymous with from the late 90s to 2000s. The car is marketed towards the 25-34 (me) demo because its Acura's entry level model. The assumption by Acura is that the majority of Integra owners 20 years ago will gravitate towards an MDX or TLX Type S due to their lifestyle changes and income. As someone in the 25-34 demo, the Integra name has way more clout than an A3 or 2 series, and any enthusiast Honda (Si, Type R) is largely considered cooler. Again, subculture.
And no we're not all broke lol. Hope this gives you context.

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Vince Staples is one of the most critically acclaimed hip hop artist in this generation. Hip Hop is the most popular genre in the US (go look up streaming numbers). He's also from Southern California which ties into the subculture that the Integra is synonymous with from the late 90s to 2000s. The car is marketed towards the 25-34 (me) demo because its Acura's entry level model. The assumption by Acura is that the majority of Integra owners 20 years ago will gravitate towards an MDX or TLX Type S due to their lifestyle changes and income. As someone in the 25-34 demo, the Integra name has way more clout than an A3 or 2 series, and any enthusiast Honda (Si, Type R) is largely considered cooler. Again, subculture.
And no we're not all broke lol. Hope this gives you context.

Thanks. I think its an epic failure - believe me there are likely many who don't know who that guy is and will now not buy it because of how silly the commercials are.

Honda does not need to advertise the Si or Type R - greatness stands on its own.

staylurkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 CBP Si Coupe
Thanks. I think its an epic failure - believe me there are likely many who don't know who that guy is and will now not buy it because of how silly the commercials are.

Honda does not need to advertise the Si or Type R - greatness stands on its own.
3 videos, 6 million views on YouTube in 3 weeks? I think that says otherwise. And you're wrong, every product needs to be marketed in some way, no matter how "great" it is. Sorry you're not who Acura is targeting lol, it's just an advert.

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
3 videos, 6 million views on YouTube in 3 weeks? I think that says otherwise. And you're wrong, every product needs to be marketed in some way, no matter how "great" it is. Sorry you're not who Acura is targeting lol, it's just an advert.
Over the target…
Sponsored