• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

📣 2023 Integra Reviews Are In & Very Positive!

zeroptzero

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si, 2022 Subaru WRX
I’m buying it as a daily that will be fun to drive. My Accord is plenty fast in a straight line 😉😎
You seem to be buying it for the right reasons, these cars are very fun to drive, I would not regard them as fast, but they have ample power and more than enough for what you may need on the road, and an occasional track day if needed. My Si is a daily driver, it fits me fine and works well.
Sponsored

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra 6spd A-Spec
I also reserved the Teggy because local Honda dealers have crazy ADM and mandatory accessories. Odd times we are in when paying MSRP is a good deal..

ElpacoSV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EJ6 ; Civic FK7G4
I also reserved the Teggy because local Honda dealers have crazy ADM and mandatory accessories. Odd times we are in when paying MSRP is a good deal..
By reserving you don't get the mark-ups?

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra 6spd A-Spec
By reserving you don't get the mark-ups?
It seems like there are alot of corporate owned Acura dealerships. The one I'm buying from doesn't charge over msrp even on their TypeS models. You can call around to find one. I know of 3 within 100 miles or so from me that are MSRP only.

OGGsr

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PWP 2022 Civic Si
The Si isn't considered since it's purely geared for the street and all the luxury addons would be toxic on the track (unless a few casual hotlaps is enough).
I think the '22 Civic Si is a BETTER stock track day car out of the box than a stock '99 Civic Si was 20+ years ago. A set of pads, brake fluid and tires are all that is needed for DE track days. Relatively stiffly sprung suspension, LSD, 6 speed, and decent tires make a stock (sans pads and fluid) a great drivers car for track days. Sure a BRZ/GR86 is arguably a better pure track car, but I'm betting they need a set of pads and fluid as well.
-Jamie

ElpacoSV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EJ6 ; Civic FK7G4
I think the '22 Civic Si is a BETTER stock track day car out of the box than a stock '99 Civic Si was 20+ years ago. A set of pads, brake fluid and tires are all that is needed for DE track days. Relatively stiffly sprung suspension, LSD, 6 speed, and decent tires make a stock (sans pads and fluid) a great drivers car for track days. Sure a BRZ/GR86 is arguably a better pure track car, but I'm betting they need a set of pads and fluid as well.
-Jamie
And the Si has space in the back seats and a trunk for your day-to-day.

coo1rim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 civic, 2006 yaris, 2008 rav4, 2012 carmy, 2017 Civic 2.0L 6MT
-Jamie
For track use, all the cars are going to need dot4 fluid and track pads... The street biased stuff are not going to last long. Granted, out of the box, even my base LX 6MT 10th Sedan is more capable then a 99 Civic Si, but that cars chassis is a better platform to create an even more formattable track car (potential beast with a K-swap). As is, The rev-happy 1.6L isn't as capable as my base K20C2 motor and the longer wheelbase but light chassis for 10th and 11th makes up for lack of double-wishbone up front

Given that Si owners tend to be more concerned about stats above all else, I'm surprised Honda took the high road and actually built a better Si for 11th. Even with the nice tuning, it's still bigger and less wieldy as 10th Chassis...However, the extra heft and refinement makes it more like an Acura with Honda badge. It's laughable that Acura went through all the hoopla to try to differentiate it.

OGGsr

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PWP 2022 Civic Si
Given that Si owners tend to be more concerned about stats above all else, I'm surprised Honda took the high road and actually built a better Si for 11th. Even with the nice tuning, it's still bigger and less wieldy as 10th Chassis...However, the extra heft and refinement makes it more like an Acura with Honda badge. It's laughable that Acura went through all the hoopla to try to differentiate it.
You are making some very broad stroke assumptions here. Have you driven a 10th and 11th gen Si back to back? Extra heft? The 11th gen Si is still under 3000 lbs and feels agile. The new Integra I'm sure is a great handling car but that is the car with the extra heft for the sake of creature comforts, not the Si.

-Jamie

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra 6spd A-Spec
Loving my Teggy.

coo1rim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You are making some very broad stroke assumptions here. Have you driven a 10th and 11th gen Si back to back? Extra heft? The 11th gen Si is still under 3000 lbs and feels agile. The new Integra I'm sure is a great handling car but that is the car with the extra heft for the sake of creature comforts, not the Si.

-Jamie
True, seems like they took out a lot of sound deadening and tried real hard to keep weight down in Si, but Honda kept the stupid sunroof!!! Stupid, cause now if you wanted to build a hard core race car with the 11th Chassis (minus expensive Type-R's engine), you'd have to start with the base model and then drop in the Si engine...

For 11th Si, since they did a great job at keeping weight down, the heft comes from the slightly longer wheelbase. 10th wheelbase was spot-on for a lightweight engine up front (base on me spending track time with my 10th and loving its dynamics). If my 10th wheelbase was stretched out another 1.4 inches, I'd have to deal with toxic understeer. In the case of 11th Si, it explain why they stripped the rear portion of the car and dump every luxury options possible (Canadian model) up front. The lighter rear-end will make the car more willing to rotate under braking.

OGGsr

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PWP 2022 Civic Si
For 11th Si, since they did a great job at keeping weight down, the heft comes from the slightly longer wheelbase. 10th wheelbase was spot-on for a lightweight engine up front (base on me spending track time with my 10th and loving its dynamics). If my 10th wheelbase was stretched out another 1.4 inches, I'd have to deal with toxic understeer. In the case of 11th Si, it explain why they stripped the rear portion of the car and dump every luxury options possible (Canadian model) up front. The lighter rear-end will make the car more willing to rotate under braking.
Toxic understeer? Not really. The 11th gen Si is very balanced and has very little understeer at slow speeds. Turn is great but but not awesome. To get the rear to step out a bit is a rear sway bar away in the stock suspension.

coo1rim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toxic understeer? Not really. The 11th gen Si is very balanced and has very little understeer at slow speeds. Turn is great but but not awesome. To get the rear to step out a bit is a rear sway bar away in the stock suspension.
The extra 1.4inch wheelbase would be toxic for my 2700lb 10th Gen Civic, but it works well with 22 Si, even when loaded with all the luxury options. For me, don't need rear sway bars to step out, just a quick yank and tap of the brakes will do it, while going around the turn at the racetrack or choice highway ramp.

zeroptzero

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si, 2022 Subaru WRX
The extra 1.4inch wheelbase would be toxic for my 2700lb 10th Gen Civic, but it works well with 22 Si, even when loaded with all the luxury options. For me, don't need rear sway bars to step out, just a quick yank and tap of the brakes will do it, while going around the turn at the racetrack or choice highway ramp.
Yeah when pushed to the limit in a corner the rear end will step out a tad, very well controlled though, perfect in my books. If you ever seen the Si youtube review by The Strightpipes , they get the rear end to step out a bit when driving one of their favourite corners.

coo1rim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think the TheStraightPipe guys call it Cliche-Corner... Great technique if you have a forgiving rear suspension that'll come back in-line instead of spinning out (without need of TC, which would sap the fun).

Personally, I couldn't skip the rear end before apex, until I upgraded the rear brakes to match the front. When, rear brakes were weak (front was doing most of the work) I had to brake deep into the turns in-order to keep the momentum going... Still, regardless of what the brakes are doing, a car that's well setup gives options.
Sponsored