• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

dastanli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry, Tacoma
That's why I would like the honda to have the option of awd. More and more car manufacturers are having fwd cars with the option of awd for a little extra. I can see it being a big hit in the northern states and especially in Canada.
Sponsored

coo1rim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 civic, 2006 yaris, 2008 rav4, 2012 carmy, 2017 Civic 2.0L 6MT
You're talking from either the enthusiast side or from a non-snowy climate. AWD is not the end all solution to snow, but being in a city that likes to have stop lights on hills i can assure you that FWD isn't the solution for the roads that are designed here. Unfortunately MN has had the 4th snowiest month of all time this feb and its really highlighted the downfalls of FWD on my civic compared to the AWD i used to have on the lancer. Minus the AWD issue the civic is 100x the car the lancer ever was, but when you get snow up to half the year, FWD just doesn't cut it. If they even copied toyota and did a part time optional electric AWD system it would be miles better. I don't think anyone wants a subaru style AWD system, we just want a switch for when we're stuck on hills.
AWD is a joke compared to snow tires. I live far enough north, to the point where just about everyone gets snow tires for the winter month (and it's not mandatory).

privatejet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
I don't see why they couldn't make an AWD option in a wagon body. I am not a brand snob; however, I prefer Japanese automobiles. Having previously owned multiple Subaru, Honda, and Mitsubishi cars, I can definitely say that AWD or 4WD can present you with much needed traction in snowy conditions.
That said, I would trade my Si sedan for a Si hatchback in a hearbeat...

Xando

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport CVT
Who knows what the 11th gen will be like. I do know that 2022 will be the 50th year of production, a pretty big milestone. Hopefully they will make a really special model for this.
Good point! Think I'll hang on to my sport and trade it in for a new 2022 when the time comes.

think3mm

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 SGP Civic Type-R
I'm looking forward to the crosstour v2: 6sp, k20c4 :headbang:

David P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic hatchback 1.5l 182Hp manual
Damn it ! We (in europe) were paying the cars 20 to 30 percent more than the us ! With this relocation we will hardly see the prices going down....

ryry

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch Sport
I would have preferred to have gotten my civic sport built in Canada than this buggy one from England

dj2819

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Touring
It is interesting how a lot of the parts are made in the UK rather than China. In my 19 HB, I noticed that the floor mats are made in Poland and the taillight housing is made in Hungary. The window sticker mentions that most the parts are European.
Sponsored