• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

2017 LX remote/key suddenly haywire

kuroi

First Name
Kuroi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback LX
I have a 2017 LX Hatch with a key start and remote is on the key. Yesterday late afternoon, suddenly for the first time and after working fine all day, the remote would not lock or make the horn beep. When I noticed I tried again and all the windows went down. When I went back to the car I could hear the gas-cap-cover lock or unlock. And the red light on the remote stayed on for a bit.

I added a pic of my key/remote below (btw... is there a way to insert a smaller pic?)

I changed the battery and no better.

I broke out the spare remote that I had not used since I bought the car new, and that works fine.

What I'd like to hear from is anyone who has experienced or heard of this specific problem

And anyone who knows what the answer is or whether the remote/key has simply become no better than a standard old-fashioned key.

Thank you
11th Gen Honda Civic 2017 LX remote/key suddenly haywire Key
11th Gen Honda Civic 2017 LX remote/key suddenly haywire Key
Sponsored

Siva

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Civic
Hard to say but since the new key work just fine that would mean your old key is having a problem. If I were you I would try to take this thing a part and clean it before putting it back together(if you know how). Sometime thing can get stuck in there or the old one just gone bad.

nizarz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX
I have a 2017 LX Hatch with a key start and remote is on the key. Yesterday late afternoon, suddenly for the first time and after working fine all day, the remote would not lock or make the horn beep. When I noticed I tried again and all the windows went down. When I went back to the car I could hear the gas-cap-cover lock or unlock. And the red light on the remote stayed on for a bit.

I added a pic of my key/remote below (btw... is there a way to insert a smaller pic?)

I changed the battery and no better.

I broke out the spare remote that I had not used since I bought the car new, and that works fine.

What I'd like to hear from is anyone who has experienced or heard of this specific problem

And anyone who knows what the answer is or whether the remote/key has simply become no better than a standard old-fashioned key.

Thank you
Key.jpg
Key.jpg
I had the exact issue with my 2017 LX. I came home from work and went to lock the car and no response. None of the buttons where doing anything. Tried the spare key and still nothing. I waited an hour or so and tried again, nothing. Started the car and turned it off again then tried and it worked. Never had the issue come up again. Was weird.
Sponsored