• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

2022 Honda Civic Sport Android Radio Replacement

Pitfighter

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Sport, 2019 Honda Civic Sedan LX
The stock radio on the civic sport is terrible in my opinion so looking for a replacement. I previously had a 19 civic lx which radio was even worse so I put in an aftermarket radio from this china and worked out great. I think I am going to try them again unless someone else has already done a swap and has a good recommendation. Here is the radio I am looking at M400S

Here is the one I did on the 2019 civiv lx M400 Android Radio and video overview

Anyone take apart the radio yet with any advice and/or video?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Pitfighter

Pitfighter

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Found a link on radio removal -

mapletonPD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 HRV
I have the 2023 HRV which has the same stereo as the Civic, so I am going to follow along and see how this goes. The stock stereo sucks, the screen is far too dim imo.

mapletonPD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 HRV
I have the 2023 HRV which has the same stereo as the Civic, so I am going to follow along and see how this goes. The stock stereo sucks, the screen is far too dim imo.
The stereo is def the same (AR-100) I think there are a few differences in how the dash works - but I think the plugs and everything are likely the same.

11th Gen Honda Civic 2022 Honda Civic Sport Android Radio Replacement IMG_7691
11th Gen Honda Civic 2022 Honda Civic Sport Android Radio Replacement IMG_7692

mexiking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L
The stock radio on the civic sport is terrible in my opinion so looking for a replacement. I previously had a 19 civic lx which radio was even worse so I put in an aftermarket radio from this china and worked out great. I think I am going to try them again unless someone else has already done a swap and has a good recommendation. Here is the radio I am looking at M400S

Here is the one I did on the 2019 civiv lx M400 Android Radio and video overview

Anyone take apart the radio yet with any advice and/or video?
Did you have any luck with this? I also want to upgrade the 7" radio on my 22' Civic EX. I wanted the touring Civil but they didn't have any in stock and figured I could just upgrade the radio but it's looking challenging to do.

OP
OP
Pitfighter

Pitfighter

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you have any luck with this? I also want to upgrade the 7" radio on my 22' Civic EX. I wanted the touring Civil but they didn't have any in stock and figured I could just upgrade the radio but it's looking challenging to do.
Still haven't purchased the radio yet waiting for some funds. The last one I got worked perfectly and was plug and play which this seem the same. Will update when I get it.

mexiking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L
Still haven't purchased the radio yet waiting for some funds. The last one I got worked perfectly and was plug and play which this seem the same. Will update when I get it.
Which model radio is it? I'd like to do some research on it and possibly upgrade it.

OP
OP
Pitfighter

Pitfighter

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Which model radio is it? I'd like to do some research on it and possibly upgrade it.
Its posted in this thread with links above.

AshSerigala

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11-Gen Honda Civic Hatchback Sport-Touring
I got the stock 9" headunit in my sport-touring. The SCREEN is the best "headunit" I've used. I like it better than the $1500 aftermarket headunit I had in my past-car that was digital fiber and all that stuff. The stock interface being android auto is just super well layed out and really clean and fast-flowing. Even in direct sunlight I can read everything really clearly, if anything my only very minor complaint is the screen doesn't go dark enough for those 4am drives when a really dark cabin is desired. But I do love that the info-center has its own speaker with its own volume.

I'm very happy this unit just pipes to a reciever, as theres no reason I cant just do like past cars, plug the reciever to a JL-FIX, play the calibration tune, get a flat restored EQ, and dump that into a proper amplifier. That's kinda my long-term plan with my car once I finish performance mods. I got a deaf bonce subwoofer in a box waiting for me to overhaul every speaker xD

mexiking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L
I got the stock 9" headunit in my sport-touring. The SCREEN is the best "headunit" I've used. I like it better than the $1500 aftermarket headunit I had in my past-car that was digital fiber and all that stuff. The stock interface being android auto is just super well layed out and really clean and fast-flowing. Even in direct sunlight I can read everything really clearly, if anything my only very minor complaint is the screen doesn't go dark enough for those 4am drives when a really dark cabin is desired. But I do love that the info-center has its own speaker with its own volume.

I'm very happy this unit just pipes to a reciever, as theres no reason I cant just do like past cars, plug the reciever to a JL-FIX, play the calibration tune, get a flat restored EQ, and dump that into a proper amplifier. That's kinda my long-term plan with my car once I finish performance mods. I got a deaf bonce subwoofer in a box waiting for me to overhaul every speaker xD
I was looking into getting the 9" one from a crashed civic or a new one but the connections are not the same for the EX.

felixmederos

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2023
I was able to get an M600s unit installed but there is a single wire left in the civic that the harness for the radio did not have a wire for, it looks similar to the USB cable wire but with just 1 pin inside it anyone any thoughts? also im having trouble with the radio and documentation is non existant for the radios.
Sponsored