• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

2023 Nissan Z

DevonK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Definitely considering it, waiting for reviews. Advantages over the CTR for me are RWD, more compact form, much better sounding engine. Disadvantages: MT likely not as good, poor visibility, heavier, less practical as a sole car. Both have rev matching which for me is a must-have.
Sponsored

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch Sport 6MT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
3500 lbs? Kinda porky. Not sure I trust the numbers though... it says 1565mm for height which is over 5 feet tall!!! (61") :hmm:

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey EX-L '18 Civic SI Sedan '94 300zx twin turbo 2001 Ford F-150 Sport
Yeahā€¦ thatā€™s about what my ancient iron block, HICAS-having 300zx is with a few aluminum bits to keep the weight down. I know the 370s were on the high end of 3400 with the VQā€¦ but itā€™d be nice if they could come in under 3500. The 300 doesnā€™t feel bad on modern rubber and will certainly moveā€¦ but I wouldnā€™t quite call it nimble. HICAS letā€™s itā€™s rear end move quicker than would feel natural otherwiseā€¦ but it always feels like brute force more than finess.

While the Z finally gets a turbo 6 again, and a VR one at thatā€¦ all the best stuff (AWDā€¦ HICAS) is still saved for the GTR. ~35 years is a long time from the old Z32 concept that was cobbled together in ā€˜87 for a late ā€˜89 car. Iā€™d hope even if the new Z is not the halo car the Z32s wereā€¦ itā€™ll walk all over a moderately modded 300zx. Iā€™m sure itā€™ll have ridiculously quick spooling turbos and massive low end torque the old cars lackedā€¦ but itā€™s the top end/ride/handling and thatā€¦. ā€œIā€™m in a Z!ā€ feel Iā€™m really curious about.

I still paid to have a new 98+ spec transmission put in my old car (fingers crossed itā€™s done tomorrow). Iā€™m contemplating liquidating the old car to get one of these after they releaseā€¦ but I figure Iā€™ll keep enjoying it and the original transmission has never been great since I had it. Iā€™d like to do a back to back test drive and see how I feel about the new car. Maybe having a Z with cup holders wouldnā€™t be so badā€¦ ?

citrus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CZ4A, Abarth 500, ZZW30, ND2 RF
I prefer my FR cars to be lightweight and NA, so Z came off of the list pretty quickly.

Preyforsurf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 CTR
This car has an awful lot of special editions for not even existing 5 months after release.

Reactions: CTR

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra 6spd A-Spec

andrewbellasic

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Skyline
Nissan Z car is a combination of the Spider and 350Z. Nissan has not revealed whether there will be a hybrid version of the Z. The concept car has a 3.6 liter V6 engine and a 5-speed automatic transmission. The concept car looks muscular, unlike the 350Z which looks more rounded. Nissan says that there will be a limited production of the Z, but no one has decided on the number of copies to be reproduced yet. Learn more about Nissan Z from fine motors.