• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

27 won downpipe oxygen sensor is tripping emissions light

bleaus64

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Si
I just installed a downpipe from 27 won. Followed the directions very carefully. After I started the car everything was perfect I drove it for 15 miles turned it off. I did notice a light whisring of smoke coming out from under the hood that I was not too concerned because I believe it was the oil burning off that they put on for shipping and it was annotated in the instruction manual that that may happen. The next day when I started it I had an emissions light and one other light that I believe was tripped by the oxygen sensor. I remove the oxygen sensor and cleaned it off of brake cleaner let it dry completely and reinstalled it. I cleared all the fault lights but I still have a check engine light. The only thing I’ve done to the car before installing the downpipe was installing a K2 tuner. Anybody have any ideas on what to do? Thanks in advance
Sponsored

DYI01

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si, 2019 Nissan Titan, 2017 Yamaha FZ10
You have two options. The easiest one is to just disable the secondary o2 sensor in KTuner. The second option is to use an o2 sensor defouler to trick the ECU.

OP
OP
bleaus64

bleaus64

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Si
You have two options. The easiest one is to just disable the secondary o2 sensor in KTuner. The second option is to use an o2 sensor defouler to trick the ECU.
Thanks for the info yeah I was looking on how to disable but right now I’m using a custom tune from Two Step performance which is a pre-program tune that doesn’t allow you to access disabling the O2 sensor. When you say disable the secondary O2 sensor on the menu of KTuner is that what it is called? Or is it P0420 Catalyst efficiency? Thanks

OP
OP
bleaus64

bleaus64

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Si
OP
OP