• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Aftermarket Struts

Only_Sonic.SI

First Name
Rai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic SI 1995 MIts Vr-4
So I bought Eiback and RSR-R springs and tested both for about 2 months, very unpleasant and the drop is very mild (1-1.2inch) max. and it is about 40% more bumpy. I understand stock SI are stiff from factory and now with lowering springs installed it handles amazing and ride good on a very well MAINTAINED road, small bump and unperfect road u very feel.

Now does anybody knows which strut will improved ride quality for the 2022 Si models. Not looking forward for coilovers since my experience with them on multiple cars are very bumpy
Sponsored

DYI01

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si, 2019 Nissan Titan, 2017 Yamaha FZ10
I'm pretty sure almost all the 10th gen model rear shocks will fit the 11th gen, how the shocks are tuned is a different story. Front struts are a mess between 10th and 11th gen platforms, and it's where you will have a problem finding anything that fits. 11th gen Si is still too new for anything to be out yet.

10th gen base Coupe/Sedan50.5mm diameter strut
10th gen Hatchback52mm diameter strut
10th gen Si models53mm diameter adaptive strut
11th gen base Sedan/Hatchback50.5mm diameter strut
11th gen Si53mm diameter strut
5th gen IntegraUnconfirmed, but I think it's similar to the 10th gen Si ZF 53mm unit.

OP
OP
Only_Sonic.SI

Only_Sonic.SI

First Name
Rai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic SI 1995 MIts Vr-4
I'm pretty sure almost all the 10th gen model rear shocks will fit the 11th gen, how the shocks are tuned is a different story. Front struts are a mess between 10th and 11th gen platforms, and it's where you will have a problem finding anything that fits. 11th gen Si is still too new for anything to be out yet.

10th gen base Coupe/Sedan50.5mm diameter strut
10th gen Hatchback52mm diameter strut
10th gen Si models53mm diameter adaptive strut
11th gen base Sedan/Hatchback50.5mm diameter strut
11th gen Si53mm diameter strut
5th gen IntegraUnconfirmed, but I think it's similar to the 10th gen Si ZF 53mm unit.

Ya I understand that part but is there any strut that will make the ride more comfortable (back to stock quality) with about 1 inch lowered springs

OGGsr

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PWP 2022 Civic Si
IMO Honda did a great job at finding a balance between comfort and performance handling with the 11th gen Si. It does suck that we don't have adaptive dampers the 10th gen Si had but I like the simplicity of a simple shock/spring setup. I attempted to do a conservative drop (~1 inch) with the Tein H tech springs but as I said in another thread, they are waaay too soft for the car. I really liked the way the car looked, but I decided to try the Swift Spec R springs because they were very close to the stock OEM spring rates. Unfortunately, the springs made a ton of noise in low speed parking-lot speed situations. I immediately put the stock springs back on and the noise went away.

ClarkDX

First Name
Clark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
IMO Honda did a great job at finding a balance between comfort and performance handling with the 11th gen Si. It does suck that we don't have adaptive dampers the 10th gen Si had but I like the simplicity of a simple shock/spring setup. I attempted to do a conservative drop (~1 inch) with the Tein H tech springs but as I said in another thread, they are waaay too soft for the car. I really liked the way the car looked, but I decided to try the Swift Spec R springs because they were very close to the stock OEM spring rates. Unfortunately, the springs made a ton of noise in low speed parking-lot speed situations. I immediately put the stock springs back on and the noise went away.
My friend is looking at this 11th gen with Swift Spec R springs and the owner mentioned it does make an intermittent noise and it doesn't annoy him. We'll take a look at it this weekend after we installed the brake pads and wheels on the truck. It seems going back to oem is a better choice.
Sponsored