• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Amp/DSP Placement

psyborg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Hey all; looking for some feedback on my plans to mount an amp setup. I've got 3 amps and a DSP I'm planning to install in a hatchback model. I'm really not a huge fan of mounting them to the back of the seats. Kind of want to use the hatch without worrying about damaging the amps. I also still want to be able to use my spare tire, so I don't really want to put it under the floor.
I was thinking if a custom box would fit in the wheel recesses; this would keep them out of the way, and I could build the box with some vents so it doesn't get over heated.
Am I making it more complicated than necessary, any suggestions would be great. I'd consider mounting two of them under the front seats too, but I don't think I can fit the whole setup underneath them and running wiring like that gets pretty annoying. I'd rather have all of them in the same spot.
Sponsored

Jtfe1

First Name
Thien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 civic si
I would suggest switching out to compact style amps, for example Blam RA 75D amplifier or RA 501D. It depends on what sound level/quality you are trying to achieve and speaker setup.

My idea of what I would do is:
Helix 8 channel dsp/amp for speakers
Blam 501D mono amp for Sub

For your setup it would definitely have to be under the front seats, behind the rear quarter panels, or under the shelf area