• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Anyone in Orlando, FL or nearby…

UCF120

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Boost Blue Type R, 2002 S2000
I’m trying to narrow down a vibration I’m feeling on initial takeoff with my R..I’ve made a post about it and most people that responded stated they don’t feel what I’m feeling.

here’s essentially what I’m feeling…
So on initial takeoff from a stop, as your letting the clutch out and start giving the car some throttle (I’m talking minimal throttle like just enough to get the car going..around 1.5krpm) I’m feeling a subtle steering wheel vibration and vibration in the clutch pedal until the clutch is fully engaged and is driving. It honestly feels like it’s vibration from the engine being slightly transferred into the steering wheel and clutch pedal.

I don’t feel this vibration while changing through any other gear.

is there anyone in the Orlando or central Florida area that would be willing to meet with me so I could feel the clutch in thier car? I wouldn’t need to drive it more than a few feet. Just want to get the feel of the clutch and steering wheel while initially going from a dead stop.

if you guys feels what I feel please let me know also! If it’s normal I’m fine with it..if it’s not normal I’d like to address it
Sponsored

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R, 2006 s2000, 2022 Ram TRX, 2005 srt-4
Build Thread
Link
I’m trying to narrow down a vibration I’m feeling on initial takeoff with my R..I’ve made a post about it and most people that responded stated they don’t feel what I’m feeling.

here’s essentially what I’m feeling…
So on initial takeoff from a stop, as your letting the clutch out and start giving the car some throttle (I’m talking minimal throttle like just enough to get the car going..around 1.5krpm) I’m feeling a subtle steering wheel vibration and vibration in the clutch pedal until the clutch is fully engaged and is driving. It honestly feels like it’s vibration from the engine being slightly transferred into the steering wheel and clutch pedal.

I don’t feel this vibration while changing through any other gear.

is there anyone in the Orlando or central Florida area that would be willing to meet with me so I could feel the clutch in thier car? I wouldn’t need to drive it more than a few feet. Just want to get the feel of the clutch and steering wheel while initially going from a dead stop.

if you guys feels what I feel please let me know also! If it’s normal I’m fine with it..if it’s not normal I’d like to address it
I’m based in Orlando, I would be more than happy to help you next week when I come back.

OP
OP
UCF120

UCF120

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Appreciate it man thank you! Lmk when you’ll be free..I’ll be free the next couple weekends so whenever works for you!

on a side note..are you the same Jester that tuned S2000’s back in the day??

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Appreciate it man thank you! Lmk when you’ll be free..I’ll be free the next couple weekends so whenever works for you!

on a side note..are you the same Jester that tuned S2000’s back in the day??
I tune s2000’s but not that Jester but another one😂. The weekend of the 30th sounds good if it works for you.

OP
OP
UCF120

UCF120

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I tune s2000’s but not that Jester but another one😂. The weekend of the 30th sounds good if it works for you.
awesome thanks man! That weekend works. I’ll send you a message closer to that time so we can schedule a place and time

CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, LS Swapped FC3S
I'm curious which engine mode you are feeling this in. If you swap to Comfort can you feel the same vibration or is it lessened? Do you have any other mods?

This engine vibrates and has some weird resonance compared to most other 4 cylinder cars I've driven. It could be attributed to the lack of balance shafts in the K20C1.

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I'm curious which engine mode you are feeling this in. If you swap to Comfort can you feel the same vibration or is it lessened? Do you have any other mods?

This engine vibrates and has some weird resonance compared to most other 4 cylinder cars I've driven. It could be attributed to the lack of balance shafts in the K20C1.
He is probably experiencing normal shudder like you said, but will report back once I meet up with him to just be safe that there is nothing out of the ordinary.

OP
OP
UCF120

UCF120

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

so I mainly drive in individual which I have the engine in +R mode..I’ve switched it to full comfort mode though and the vibration I’m feeling is still there..maybe a tad bit less but definitely still there.

so I really don’t think anything is wrong with the car but like I’ve said before..my S2000 is my other car. It’s very low mileage but it’s also 22 years old and I don’t feel this vibration lol. It takes off smooth as butter with no vibration felt in the clutch or steering wheel like I feel in the R.

after driving my s2000 and hearing people on here say their cars take off smooth as well with no vibration, that’s what made me feel like something may be wrong with my car.

i have read everywhere including from Honda itself that this engine is unbalanced which gives it that 90’s raucous feeling. I’m 100% ok with the vibration…as long as it’s normal 😂 only way to really tell is to feel someone else’s car cause Honda won’t let me test drive one I’ve tried 😂

I have no modifications on the car it’s bone stock

He is probably experiencing normal shudder like you said, but will report back once I meet up with him to just be safe that there is nothing out of the ordinary.
I’m hoping this is the case!
Sponsored