• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

ANYONE RUNNING POWERSTOP OR EBC?

Audiocholic

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Sedan 1.5 Turbo
Hey gents,

I wanted to ask have any of you used Powerstop Z17 or Z23's? or perhaps EBC yellow or Reds on your 11 gen?
would grealy appreciated to get your feedback/review and advice.

I run a 1.5 turbo 11 gen thats pretty much the same as the U.S Touring but drive it pretty much like I stole it (pretty much no top speed limits here on our local autobahn though legally it states 80mph most drive far beyond that).

I have got alot of Glazing issues with my pads and want to switch to a pad that wouldnt do so next time while keeping a good cold bite and feel.

please note my options due to local availability and taxes are:

Stock OEM: 120 usd inc workmenship
Powerstop Z23 : 105 usd inc workmenship
EBC Redstuff: 180 usd inc workmenship

not a single other option is available unfortunatley :(
Sponsored

nttran98

First Name
Nhan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Hatchback EX-L
Other than OEM (akebono), Pstop Z23, no one is making anything for the front brake pad, not that I am aware of.

OP
OP

Audiocholic

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Sedan 1.5 Turbo
Other than OEM (akebono), Pstop Z23, no one is making anything for the front brake pad, not that I am aware of.

for Si versions there is also Recaro and EBC

for Non Si versions there is only EBC apart from the already disscussed Powerstop and OEM.

to be honest I do not understand how the OEM pads where so well accepted for such an aftermarket magnet like the Civic.

they are very durable and have a good lifespan for daily driving like a regular gentlemen but for anyone pushing it and for anyone really beating on it they glaze and fade far too easily.

I drive the same way and same highway I did with my Renault Clio (a pos french car) that was equipped with ATE and also with a F30 that was also equipped with ATE and never ever had such an issue.

I have glazed 2 sets already at 15k miles due to heat,they have a ton of meat left but perform like shit due to the glazing, judders like crazy once heated and almost doesnt brake at all.
Sponsored