• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R, 2006 s2000, 2022 Ram TRX, 2005 srt-4
Build Thread
Link
Can you share the data and conclusions you were able to draw from your testing of the Eventuri intake on @PointByPatrol 's car? I recall you mentioned it was moving a lot of air. What does that mean exactly for performance, consistency, and IATs? How did it perform relative to the stock panel filter? Also, why a drop in panel filter and not one of the intake systems (Eventuri, PRL HVI, Blitz, GruppeM) on the market?
So data sadly was limited due to the unfortunate accident that @PointByPatrol had. But I saw a consistent gain of about 5g/s through the MAF sensor which means more air was coming through on every log. IAT’s were similar to stock since it draws air from the same place and there is no change to the snorkel. A place I think might be worth some R&D to develop one that picks up air better without blocking too much airflow.

For consistency I mean that the more air you get obviously more power can be made. Now speaking specifically of IAT’s that is the single biggest power killer aside from bad quality fuel. The car really kills power with high IAT’s.

The only reason I recommend the drop in filter is just because of cost. You get a bit better performance not as much as an intake. But still some gains are there for pennies on the dollar compared to the intakes. Unless you are moving some serious air with a bigger turbo the stock box won’t be a limitation.
Sponsored

PointByPatrol

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
So data sadly was limited due to the unfortunate accident that @PointByPatrol had. But I saw a consistent gain of about 5g/s through the MAF sensor which means more air was coming through on every log. IAT’s were similar to stock since it draws air from the same place and there is no change to the snorkel. A place I think might be worth some R&D to develop one that picks up air better without blocking too much airflow.

For consistency I mean that the more air you get obviously more power can be made. Now speaking specifically of IAT’s that is the single biggest power killer aside from bad quality fuel. The car really kills power with high IAT’s.

The only reason I recommend the drop in filter is just because of cost. You get a bit better performance not as much as an intake. But still some gains are there for pennies on the dollar compared to the intakes. Unless you are moving some serious air with a bigger turbo the stock box won’t be a limitation.
Another factor that needs to be considered regarding IAT's and the data that I was able to provide was the steady increase in ambient temperatures as the season transitioned from winter to spring. I'd imagine an extra 5g/s would take a little bit longer to heat since the volume of air charge had increased. Ultimately the biggest limiting factor will be the turbo once everything gets hot due to it's size.

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R, 2006 s2000, 2022 Ram TRX, 2005 srt-4
Build Thread
Link
Another factor that needs to be considered regarding IAT's and the data that I was able to provide was the steady increase in ambient temperatures as the season transitioned from winter to spring. I'd imagine an extra 5g/s would take a little bit longer to heat since the volume of air charge had increased. Ultimately the biggest limiting factor will be the turbo once everything gets hot due to it's size.
Actually the more air that is compressed the more heat it will produce. But still I found them to be consistent. I still have to get more data to put up actual data for you guys.
Sponsored