• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Remus exhaust for fl5

Yayo

First Name
Hermann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 MY23
Very interesting. Remus is a well-known and highly valued brand in Europe. This exhaust is the only one that we have seen with certification and homologation to be able to ride legally in the European Union and pass the demanding periodic technical inspections.
Now we just have to wait to hear it in some videos and check that it doesn't drone.
Unfortunately, the homologated version does not have a manual opening valve, which is linked to the original opening system, so I assume that it will only open when the car exceeds certain revolutions.

MERAKIAUTOWORKS

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Type R
wish I had seen this. I'd rather have remus than this milltek. Milltek is too loud for me.
People switch exhausts all the time, I had 5 different exhausts on our previous shop BRZ. (within one year)

-Josh

kevinh

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, 2019 Honda insight
don't see it in the vid, but assume they have the usual blutooth option for controlling the valve...and wonder if their valve is like it was before...4 modes vice OEM of open/closed.
The website says “The activation of the valve is carried out using the original actuator via the vehicle onboard electronics.”

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 FL5
The website says “The activation of the valve is carried out using the original actuator via the vehicle onboard electronics.”
Guess I should try reading 😂
Well that sucks, but I'm sure they'll come out with their own controller...maybe. either way, great product imo

hammeredsole

Banned
Banned
First Name
Mister
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Odyssey Elite, F150 Tremor, CRV Hybrid Sport-L
Any update on this? It seems like this exhaust could be more on the mild side. I'd like some more sound and flow, but I don't want to let the entire northern hemisphere know when I'm on the throttle.

MrB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda S2000, Nissan Skyline R33 GTR
Any update on this? It seems like this exhaust could be more on the mild side. I'd like some more sound and flow, but I don't want to let the entire northern hemisphere know when I'm on the throttle.
There are a few videos on YouTube now and it sounds pretty good to me. I'm very tempted by the resonated version at the moment, nothing else on offer appeals to me so far...

hammeredsole

Banned
Banned
First Name
Mister
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Odyssey Elite, F150 Tremor, CRV Hybrid Sport-L
There are a few videos on YouTube now and it sounds pretty good to me. I'm very tempted by the resonated version at the moment, nothing else on offer appeals to me so far...
Agreed, I would like to lose 5-10 pounds and gain a bit of sound and performance. I'd really like to see a titanium/stainless hybrid options as well. Ti mid pipe to stainless canister and rear section. Could cut some weight while keeping cost reasonable. Either way, not finding much USDM spec info on the Remus, as we don't have GPF's here, but it does sound good.

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 FL5
Agreed, I would like to lose 5-10 pounds and gain a bit of sound and performance. I'd really like to see a titanium/stainless hybrid options as well. Ti mid pipe to stainless canister and rear section. Could cut some weight while keeping cost reasonable. Either way, not finding much USDM spec info on the Remus, as we don't have GPF's here, but it does sound good.
Remus was the best out of the 5 exhausts I tried for my FK8...I'd imagine it's just as good. It had no drone, unlike the partial drone I get from milltek (not that bad, but annoying to me).
Sponsored