• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Canadian dealer asked what colour Type R I want

KidIcarus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FXT
Thank you! We might receive ours in the same batch. We’ve come a long way. 😀

EXTRA: For the first time in Canada. All the available colors together in 1 pic. I believe this one was taken somewhere around BC (as shown in one of FL5s ig tag).

IMG_1008.jpeg
Nice, this is a good peek at how the CF wing looks on both the RR and CW FL5s!!
Sponsored

Last edited:

KidIcarus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FXT
I heard that boost blue is sold from a buddy who’s super close to the dealer. Lol oddly the listing has been up for a while. I may swing by to check this weekend.
Yeah, it makes sense that it would be sold.
I was kinda surprised that it's been sitting on AT for so long, even at $90k, since It's the only BB FL5 I've seen for sale anywhere in Canada, but damn I feel bad for whoever jumped in at $90k, say yes to YOLO, but no to FOMO.
The car's gonna hold it's value but not $90k value LMAO, who knows I'm probably wrong.

Last edited:

惹Raizzelle

First Name
Raizzelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Honda Civic FL5 Type R
UPDATE: MSRP + 20k worth of BS Dealership Add-ons for the FL5 OTD. And I’ll be next.

Looks like I’m not gonna be an FL5 owner. As much as I love the FL5 I think the price is just too much for me. If my time comes and I got the same offer as his, I will try to give you guys my spot.

I might take @Kyofu ‘s path and look for either GR86 or the GT86 (which I prefer more). Or even Supra MT with that price.

KidIcarus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FXT
UPDATE: MSRP + 20k worth of BS Dealership Add-ons for the FL5 OTD. And I’ll be next.

Looks like I’m not gonna be an FL5 owner. As much as I love the FL5 I think the price is just too much for me. If my time comes and I got the same offer as his, I will try to give you guys my spot.

I might take @Kyofu ‘s path and look for either GR86 or the GT86 (which I prefer more). Or even Supra MT with that price.
WHOA WTF?!

Did they originally give you a BOS when you put a deposit down, which they are now changing the terms on??

Yikes, we Canadians are seriously getting the shit end of the stick with Honda, at that point I would happily rather pay the $5 - $10k USD ADM...SMH

I actually would prefer a GR86/BRZ, ND miata, or supra but can't make a 2 door work with my current lifestyle.

Last edited:

惹Raizzelle

First Name
Raizzelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WHOA WTF?!

Did they originally give you a BOS when you put a deposit down, which they are now changing the terms on??

Yikes, we Canadians are seriously getting the shit end of the stick with Honda, at that point I would happily rather pay the $5 - $10k USD ADM...SMH

I actually would prefer a GR86/BRZ, ND miata, or supra but can't make a 2 door work with my current lifestyle.
Yes I do have BOS, but unfortunately it states there that price is TBD which I tried for them to remove lol.

Yeah and 20K without even a single CF or Alcantara option in there.

I need atleast a 4 seater too. But if I’m gonna spend a 70K, it should be atleast a MT Supra.

KidIcarus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FXT
Yes I do have BOS, but unfortunately it states there that price is TBD which I tried for them to remove lol.

I need atleast a 4 seater too. But if I’m gonna spend a 70K, it should be atleast a MT Supra.
DAMN! Thats what I was worried about also, I guess original BOS means nothing with their sketchy "price adjustments". Fuck, sorry to hear that, totally agree on the Supra 🤣!!!

onepointsix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 TW FG2

That's total BS. What dealership?

The even shittier part is that we all have play the waiting game, regardless of the car you want (unless you go used) and it's such a waste of time to turn around and do that to paying customers. Dealerships like that are not looking for return customers clearly.

KidIcarus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FXT
That's total BS. What dealership?

The even shittier part is that we all have play the waiting game, regardless of the car you want (unless you go used) and it's such a waste of time to turn around and do that to paying customers. Dealerships like that are not looking for return customers clearly.
Yea, unfortunately, due to supply, dealerships have everyone by the balls if you want or need a new vehicle. It's bad enough interest rates are up everywhere, but a lot of dealerships are forcing things like add-ons, protections, warranties and even financing. Its horrible out there.

Shichi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Integra

20k worth of addons WTF!!!! Sorry to hear :(
I asked about the wait times on 86s and supras at 2 Toyota dealers and was told an easy year or more for them. They even wanted a 10k deposit for a supra.

onepointsix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 TW FG2
I asked about the wait times on 86s and supras at 2 Toyota dealers and was told an easy year or more for them. They even wanted a 10k deposit for a supra.
I did the same thing for the Golf R and GR Corolla awhile ago and was told the same thing. Looking their forums, people have been waiting 18-24 months for cars to arrive.

Shichi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Integra
I did the same thing for the Golf R and GR Corolla awhile ago and was told the same thing. Looking their forums, people have been waiting 18-24 months for cars to arrive.
Yeah, even for a hybrid corolla my family had an order for 2 years or more now (still haven't gotten it LOL).

Honestly even if the type R comes with 5k markup or more I'll jump ship too. Always wanted an evo lol

ctrc2022

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Model3

try Northshore Acura if you dont mind DE5. I have a deposit there with Michael and he was easy to work with.
they only charge msrp + mat, lugnut iirc

DeSanke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Time for new one
Don’t care if it’s a Supra, wanting a $10K deposit for a Toyota is insane.

惹Raizzelle

First Name
Raizzelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Actually its close to 15K BS Warranties, and the remaining are PDIs etc. Not even a single CF or even alcantara shift boot. LOL

I will wait till my time comes but if the deal doesn’t fall through. I might settle with FK8. Just can’t see myself donating 20K to a dealership.

try Northshore Acura if you dont mind DE5. I have a deposit there with Michael and he was easy to work with.
they only charge msrp + mat, lugnut iirc
I really tried my best to like the DE5 but I just cant deal with the fenders not being molded like the FL5. It’ll be FK8 or GT86 for me I guess. Last chance is the no.6 in the list in West Van bro.

onepointsix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 TW FG2
I prefer the FL5 but the reality is I want the K20C1 so I’m okay with the DE5, despite the fact it should be a couple grand cheaper.

There’s an FL5 on Sam’s drag Race channel this morning.

Sponsored