• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Did Sonic Gray change between X and XI?

isla.p

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback EX (Sonic Gray)
Pretty much just the title. I've started seeing the 2022 in Sonic Gray in passing, and it just doesn't ... look the same.

Anyone have any confirmation one way or the other? Or similar observation?
Sponsored

Baldilocks

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Recently parked next to a 10th generation Sonic Gray Civic and the color looked identical to my 2022.

Last edited:

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Sonic Gray changes color ALOT in various lighting situations. Sometimes leaning more blue, sometimes almost lavender, sometimes more of a cement gray. Its really difficult to compare one picture of that color to another, or even one car to another unless they're right next to eachother in the same lighting at the same time.

That said, in the past, when Honda has had to make tweaks to a color (they changed Fiji blue on the 9th gen civic during mid model update) they actually released an announcement about the pigment change. I assume they would do the same if Sonic Gray had been changed at all. I just think the pearl effect of SGP creates alot of natural variation depending on lighting. The actual shapes and lines of the car its one could also change the appearance too in the way it catches the light.

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatchback
I haven't come across an 11th gen in Sonic Gray but I will say that the SG paint on my FK7 hatch can look drastically different at varying times of the day depending on how the sun catches it. I've gotten compliments about my "blue" to "silver" Civic - lol.

Fg4Marko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP FK8, 2022 SGP FE2
I also noticed this massive change in colour depending on what car its on, my FK8 has one tone, then a CRV will look lighter, and an FE chasis will look darker or lighter depending on the light outside lol its a wild colour thats why i ordered my FE2 in SGP hehe

Baldilocks

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
You can tell from all of the pictures I've uploaded of my car that it looks very different under all lighting conditions.
Sponsored