• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Do USDM FL5s have automatic hazards during hard braking like the EDM FL5s ?

s2kdriver80

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 FK8 Honda Civic Type R, MY03 AP1 Honda S2000
Build Thread
Link
The European models have them, just wondering if the ones in the US have them as well.

If not, does anyone know if it's a substantial amount of work to install one in the US CTR? Perhaps it's like a simple module (maybe an accelerometer wired to the hazards)?
Sponsored

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 #1348 (Sold), FL5 #682
The European models have them, just wondering if the ones in the US have them as well.

If not, does anyone know if it's a substantial amount of work to install one in the US CTR? Perhaps it's like a simple module (maybe an accelerometer wired to the hazards)?
is that why I see the hazards on sometimes in Misha's video?
learn something new every day.

urbo73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R
Is this what you are talking about? In that thread they are talking about the amber light, not the green hazards. I'm sure glad we don't have this requirement in the US, as it could be very annoying on track especially.

11th Gen Honda Civic Do USDM FL5s have automatic hazards during hard braking like the EDM FL5s ? Screenshot 2023-06-22 at 8.58.31 AM

OP
OP

s2kdriver80

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 FK8 Honda Civic Type R, MY03 AP1 Honda S2000
Build Thread
Link
It's when the hazard lights hyper pulse for a few seconds whenever your deceleration exceeds a certain rate. Especially with LEDs, it could mean the difference between that inattentive clown behind you smashing your back, or alerting their peripheral vision to avoid an accident.
Sponsored