• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

FL5 Swift Springs - installed now feedback / reviews?

OP
OP
xcon

xcon

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
so I went to Swift shop to trouble shoot the noise. It ended up being the sway bar link was loose. It was tighten down and it resolve it. After driving without worrying about the noise I was able to give a better impression. The car now has better initial turn in with a more feeling of rear bias. I normally drive on comfort but it was too bouncy and under dampened for that setting. I put the sport mode and feel better but still continue to feel under dampen. I try to type r+ and work well with it but almost feel like being on coilover. I choose now to keep on sport mode for dampening. Swift was great customer support and nice people that work there.
IMG_0829.jpg

IMG_0830.jpg
Glad to hear. Love the color.
Sponsored

abellp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BMW m240i, '23 CW Civic Type R
awesome that you got it fixed.

@xcon any driving impressions on your end? My springs are on the way thanks to you. Appreciate the guidance

OP
OP
xcon

xcon

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
awesome that you got it fixed.

@xcon any driving impressions on your end? My springs are on the way thanks to you. Appreciate the guidance
I have not driven the car hard at all since installing the springs. The car is more responsive for sure and It does ride better than with the stock springs. I had Swift Springs on my Supra and on two of my other Type R’s (fk8). I thought they performed well on those cars. I will tell you I’m not a track guy just a daily driver who likes to have fun. I am positive you will like the springs. Let me know how it goes when you get them on. By the way, where do you live in Va? I live in Gastonia NC. Chad

abellp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BMW m240i, '23 CW Civic Type R
I have not driven the car hard at all since installing the springs. The car is more responsive for sure and It does ride better than with the stock springs. I had Swift Springs on my Supra and on two of my other Type R’s (fk8). I thought they performed well on those cars. I will tell you I’m not a track guy just a daily driver who likes to have fun. I am positive you will like the springs. Let me know how it goes when you get them on. By the way, where do you live in Va? I live in Gastonia NC. Chad

Awesome. Yea I plan on tracking the car for the first time (never done it before) so novice here. I'm more of a daily driver also so was curious to know if it was better than OEM. I'm in the Northern Virginia area.

madsedan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 CW Type R
@xcon are you driving with these springs in comfort/sport/R+ mode?
And how are they 3 months later? I just installed SSR 19x9.5 et38 wheels and want to drop a little just for aesthetics with the new wheels. Based on your 23/25 spacers and no rubbing I should be fine with a moderate drop.

MERAKIAUTOWORKS

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Type R
And how are they 3 months later? I just installed SSR 19x9.5 et38 wheels and want to drop a little just for aesthetics with the new wheels. Based on your 23/25 spacers and no rubbing I should be fine with a moderate drop.
Yeah you should be fine.

-Josh

OP
OP
xcon

xcon

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
The car drives great in all 3 modes. If you stayed with the stock tires size you will have no issues with rubbing. This is the perfect drop on this car.

OP
OP
xcon

xcon

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
The car drives great in all 3 modes. If you stayed with the stock tires size you will have no issues with rubbing. This is the perfect drop on this car.
11th Gen Honda Civic FL5 Swift Springs - installed now feedback / reviews? IMG_1195

11th Gen Honda Civic FL5 Swift Springs - installed now feedback / reviews? IMG_1094

11th Gen Honda Civic FL5 Swift Springs - installed now feedback / reviews? IMG_1095

11th Gen Honda Civic FL5 Swift Springs - installed now feedback / reviews? IMG_1091

roadsniper1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 CTR, 16 GT4, 18 911T, 05 S2K, 23 Tundra
Just wanted to chime in with my own experience with the Swift springs. The car looks sick without a doubt but I do feel like the excellent ride quality from the stock suspension is gone. The car rides stiffer and feels less composed over rougher roads. It also bottoms harder over bumps. I've yet to feel the stock suspension bottom out. Just wanted to provide a different viewpoint. I love the look for sure but the ride is diminished just enough that I might go back to the stock suspension.
11th Gen Honda Civic FL5 Swift Springs - installed now feedback / reviews? typer

Last edited:

Ultimateone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 CW CTR
Interesting review, on the FK8 I preferred the Swift springs so its good to hear all sides.

dandaman15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 RDX, 2023 Type R
Just wanted to chime in with my own experience with the Swift springs. The car looks sick without a doubt but I do feel like the excellent ride quality from the stock suspension is gone. The car rides stiffer and feels less composed over rougher roads. It also bottoms harder over bumps. I've yet to feel the stock suspension bottom out. Just wanted to provide a different viewpoint. I love the look for sure but the ride is diminished just enough that I might go back to the stock suspension.
Do you know if they were installed correctly and the bump stops were properly cut?

Do you leave it in comfort or sport suspension setting?

The springs are definitely stiffer than stock but its still softer than most coilovers so its interesting you have that feedback. These springs should better match the factory over damped valving than the stock springs. That is unless you are hitting bump stops which would cause that jarring ride.

roadsniper1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 CTR, 16 GT4, 18 911T, 05 S2K, 23 Tundra
Do you know if they were installed correctly and the bump stops were properly cut?

Do you leave it in comfort or sport suspension setting?

The springs are definitely stiffer than stock but its still softer than most coilovers so its interesting you have that feedback. These springs should better match the factory over damped valving than the stock springs. That is unless you are hitting bump stops which would cause that jarring ride.
They were installed correctly. I tend to leave the car in comfort suspension as I find that to be the best for SoCal backroads.

The best way to put it is that I found the stock suspension to be one of the best systems that balanced handling and compliance over bumpy backroads. Not quite as sophisticated as mag ride on my C8 vette but damn good. The car is now stiffer and that seems to have hurt some of that bumpy backroad capability. Just my opinion, the springs are not as optimized for the factory suspension as some feel. I do prefer the stock ride over these springs but I'm conflicted bc I do prefer the look of a lowered car. Perhaps I should have just done coilovers...

I have not tracked this car but I suspect these springs would be fantastic in a track setting.

dandaman15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 RDX, 2023 Type R
They were installed correctly. I tend to leave the car in comfort suspension as I find that to be the best for SoCal backroads.

The best way to put it is that I found the stock suspension to be one of the best systems that balanced handling and compliance over bumpy backroads. Not quite as sophisticated as mag ride on my C8 vette but damn good. The car is now stiffer and that seems to have hurt some of that bumpy backroad capability. Just my opinion, the springs are not as optimized for the factory suspension as some feel. I do prefer the stock ride over these springs but I'm conflicted bc I do prefer the look of a lowered car. Perhaps I should have just done coilovers...

I have not tracked this car but I suspect these springs would be fantastic in a track setting.
Interesting, I guess I will find out and can provide my thoughts in spring as I have these springs sitting until the weather gets better.

In comfort it may be underdamped with the new rates and would need to be in sport to better manage. It sounds like the spoon or eibach springs may be better suited for you as those are closer to factory rates with similar drop.

nodnarb901

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R
Do you need to replace the rear camber arms when using these?
any alignment issues if you don’t replace the rear camber arms?
Sponsored